ESPN Preseason Bowl Projections (SF Bowl vs. Oregon; TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Mizzou)

If I was able to select these bowls as the outcome right now for the season, I’d take it

I agree. I'd take these right now. It is interesting considering a lot of national and regional predictions have the Gophers as being sub .500 this season.

Gophs will be a preseason top 20 team in 2019 if they make it to Gator Bowl this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Considering where most pre-season rankings have us in the Big Ten......both of these guys seem to think that we jump both Purdue and Nebraska.

Purdue has a tough non-con drawing BC and MO. Also gets OSU and MSU in crossover. Also plays rival IN on road and has to come here. Getting back to 6 wins with what they lost on defense will be a challenge, especially if Sindelar knee doesn't hold up. Big issues at RB in West Lafayette.

Anyone who thinks Nebraska will finish ahead of Gophers is basing that on an old paradigm, overestimating Frost and underestimating Fleck. Fleck let Husker fans see what the RTB philosophy can do last year. They play Colorado in non con and crossover from hell in OSU, MSU and MI.

Gophs should have better record than both this year.

Northwestern also has tougher path to a good bowl than Gophs...Duke and ND for non con...MSU and MI for crossover...has to come here after facing WI, ND and at IA in three previous weeks...has to open on road vs Purdue, with Thorson on untested knee...

schedules give good chance for Gophers to finish above NW

Northwestern is a very unpredictable team. A couple of years when they were hyped up by all the media, they had a pretty weak year. They usually lose an early game they should not lose, then play really good on the road and win at places like Iowa or Nebraska.

I am sort of a passive fan of NU, probably since they play exciting football and are such an underdog. The fact that they went into Notre Dame and won on the tail end of a very bad year, speaks volumes about their approach. I am looking forward to this ND Northwestern game.

I'd like to see ND play more Big Ten teams, mainly us, Wisconsin and Iowa.

If I was able to select these bowls as the outcome right now for the season, I’d take it

Me, too, without question. I'm surprised pundits have that much faith in us.

Anyone who thinks Nebraska will finish ahead of Gophers is basing that on an old paradigm, overestimating Frost and underestimating Fleck. Fleck let Husker fans see what the RTB philosophy can do last year. They play Colorado in non con and crossover from hell in OSU, MSU and MI

I am a bit surprised how bullish some people are on Nebraska. They were god awful last year but some are picking them second in the division.

Me likes a Gator Bowl revenge match with Mizzou.

I've always thought if Edwards caught that pass along the sideline the Gophers would have pulled it out.

Top Bottom