Buy Pizza, Get Tickets

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry if already posted - there's a promotion running currently where you buy three Red Baron pizza products (ARV: $10) and get two tickets to one of four Gopher games (while supplies last):

8/30 vs NMSU
9/8 vs Fresno
9/15 vs Miami
11/17 vs Northwestern

If anyone is on the fence about going or needs an excuse, this might help get more butts in the seats.

https://gophersports.com/sb_output.aspx?form=1024

Should frankly probably offer the same deal for Indiana and Purdue home games too.

After the Iowa, at Ohio St, at Nebraska stretch ... if things haven't gone well, home attendance could be pretty brutal for three relatively lower drawing games ...

I think that Northwestern Game could be a good one.

I think that Northwestern Game could be a good one.

That's what I thought last year, after we drubbed Nebraska. I was thinking "OK, win this one and go to a bowl game. Let's do it!" ... yeah ...

Some combination of i) Croft was hurting, ii) Nebraska D was just hapless to stop Croft's runs, iii) NW figured something out schematically to prevent the big Croft runs, quickly crushed my dreams of a Nebraska repeat.

Last edited:

Sorry if already posted - there's a promotion running currently where you buy three Red Baron pizza products (ARV: $10) and get two tickets to one of four Gopher games (while supplies last):

8/30 vs NMSU
9/8 vs Fresno
9/15 vs Miami
11/17 vs Northwestern

If anyone is on the fence about going or needs an excuse, this might help get more butts in the seats.

https://gophersports.com/sb_output.aspx?form=1024

The fan side of me says, "This is awesome, lets pack the bank."

The personal side of me says, "This sucks. Buy season tickets and you have to spend $600 on donations or I could get free tickets for buying three frozen pizzas."

The fan side of me says, "This is awesome, lets pack the bank."

The personal side of me says, "This sucks. Buy season tickets and you have to spend $600 on donations or I could get free tickets for buying three frozen pizzas."

Pizza people are just butts in seats, literally. You on the other hand are basically a donor to the U of Minn (athletics). Maybe that will make you feel better?

Pizza people are just butts in seats, literally. You on the other hand are basically a donor to the U of Minn (athletics). Maybe that will make you feel better?

It may make me feel better but doesn't help me in a conversation with my wife why are tickets have doubled in value over the last six years.

I guess they sponsor stuff locally, but man that's not good pizza.

It may make me feel better but doesn't help me in a conversation with my wife why are tickets have doubled in value over the last six years.
That's it in a nutshell. Tickets value have not doubled in the past six years, but their cost has....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Doesn't anybody here find this just a tab bit embarrassing?

Doesn't anybody here find this just a tab bit embarrassing?

Yes, but if it helps fill seats that would otherwise be empty, it's fine.

The larger problem - that we have empty seats that need to be filled with deep discount promotions - sticks in my craw more than this specific tactic and is a symptom of much larger issues (discussed ad nauseam elsewhere).

Buy season tickets and you have to spend $600 on donations or I could get free tickets for buying three frozen pizzas."
This is a big reason why I don't see the value in season tickets. Between U of M promotions and stub hub I can go to as many games as I want for much less cost.

Yes, but if it helps fill seats that would otherwise be empty, it's fine.

The larger problem - that we have empty seats that need to be filled with deep discount promotions - sticks in my craw more than this specific tactic and is a symptom of much larger issues (discussed ad nauseam elsewhere).

Agree. I have no problem with this promotion. It's only for those four games and the seats would otherwise be empty. Three are the non conference and the other is end of November.

I'm interested in where the promo seats are located. I'm guessing upper deck.

Agree. I have no problem with this promotion. It's only for those four games and the seats would otherwise be empty. Three are the non conference and the other is end of November.

I'm interested in where the promo seats are located. I'm guessing upper deck.

Yep. Upper level bench seating. According to the contest rules:

The receipt with three (3) Red Baron® Pizza items good for two (2) upper level tickets ($20 each approximate retail value)

Thank goodness, because that TCU 8pm start was brutal.

I'd much rather have the 8 PM kick. Lets everyone get down there earlier, plenty of time for the pregame drinks, etc.

Battling rush hour for these 6 PM kicks is awful. Then again, I don't have to worry about getting kids to bed and have no issue working hungover on a holiday weekend Friday.

I actually need two cheap tickets for the Fresno game. I hope tix are still available so I don't buy 3 pizzas in vain :/

Top Bottom