Buy Pizza, Get Tickets

This is a big reason why I don't see the value in season tickets. Between U of M promotions and stub hub I can go to as many games as I want for much less cost.

Depends on how important having good seats are to you. I'm assuming these tickets for the promotion are for the upper deck corners.

Depends on how important having good seats are to you. I'm assuming these tickets for the promotion are for the upper deck corners.

I say this as someone with good seats / season tickets ... the downside is the premium on good seats / extra you're paying grows pretty fast for good seats.

I'm paying crazy amounts to sit where I sit. I love where I sit, but holy the markup for season tickets is high. I feel like I'm paying as much extra for New Mexico State... as Iowa.

There are no bad seats in the stadium, and when it's half empty you can sit wherever you want.

There will be very few games where you won't be able to "upgrade" those seats...

Cub Foods has Red Baron Pizza for $2.99 each when you buy 5 with the Cub loyalty card. So, I bought 5 and sent in my receipt. We'll go through the pizzas fast enough, the third one is in the oven already.

I applied for two, and will try to select the NU game or the Fresno game if I hear back.

At a cost of $5.50 per ticket it will a lot cheaper than my old seats in 112. I'll probably hang out in the plaza or find a good seat like usual.

I hadn't had Red Baron in years. It was actually pretty good.

I just got my tickets for the Fresno State game. Surprised GopherSports responded so quickly. The seats aren't bad at all, Section 221, row 7.

The Red Baron individual pizzas are pretty good. I just had one out of the microwave and I'm making the other now.

I honestly love this promotion despite being a season ticket holder with relatively expensive tickets. It’s getting people out who otherwise wouldn’t have attended... hopefully they have a good time (the ones at my tailgate will) and decide investing in season tickets is worth it at some point in the future. I know a handful of people who’ve taken advantage of the promotion.

Thank goodness, because that TCU 8pm start was brutal.

No way, that was an epic game. Hosting #3 TCU under the lights on a Thursday. 40K+ attendance and the place was rockin. Probably one of the loudest Gopher games I have been to.

I picked up a couple "Lottza Mottza" from Costco the other day. They looked like they'd be good, but haven't tried em yet

Those are the best frozen pizzas around. It's the only frozen pizza I buy now. Especially when they have the 2 for $10 deal.

It's looking like section 221 will be an unofficial Gopherhole meet up

This is a big reason why I don't see the value in season tickets. Between U of M promotions and stub hub I can go to as many games as I want for much less cost.

I gave up my season tickets last year and scalped tickets to every game (except Wisconsin- was late getting in and they were already down 14 points so we just stayed in the Ski-U-Mah lot). I had the idea to do this after giving my Season Ticket (face Value $60) to a friend for the Iowa game the year before and scalping what was a much better seat for $20.

My breakdown for buying scalped tickets-
Buffalo- $5
Middle Tenneesee- Free (people around us had extra tickets)
Purdue- $10
Michigan State- Free (Thunderstorm- lost of people decided to skip the game and were giving away tickets)
Illinois- $5
Nebraska- $25 (my friend Jim overpayed in a panic thinking game would be hard to get)
Wisconsin- Skipped

Total: $45

And I sat wherever I wanted that was open or stood at the rail above the lower deck wich I prefer doing anyway. I started out with 4 tickets years ago and had 2 when I decided to give them up. My buddy also paid almost exactly what I did for tickets and went to the same games I did.

I'm loyal to the U, but more loyal to my wallet.

I know I'm repeating myself and may look like a loudmouth pushing my opinion, so I apologize for that.

But can't help but think, at places like Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin ... people glady pay a hefty donation for the right to purchase season tickets, and go to the games. Have had tickets in the family, honored to keep the tradition going. Look around here ... people talking how they're proud to have saved a few bucks (in grand scheme of life, not much) by dropping season tickets.

Just different cultures ...

Those schools you mention Gophers4 life have won a lot more conference games, have not had all the biggest upsets on the road and did not last share a conference championship in 51 years. I know a lot of Alumni that say the U besides the degree did nothing for them beyond graduation or take a lot of money from them. Football games to a lot oflumni have been a source of jokes and derision. Combine that with generations of commuters who got little out of college experience like Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska and you know why many so many do not care or give a rip about football season tickets at. When has the footbll team been more than hype, and an actual source of pride for U of M students. Not in my 40 years following them. More agitation than pride or good will. I hope Fleck and this generation of players can turn i because all other past glory only exist in black and white film. That lack of enthusiasm for football at U of M has been well earned, unfortunate reality. Hope the times are changing.Sent from m r fmy SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I know I'm repeating myself and may look like a loudmouth pushing my opinion, so I apologize for that.

But can't help but think, at places like Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin ... people glady pay a hefty donation for the right to purchase season tickets, and go to the games. Have had tickets in the family, honored to keep the tradition going. Look around here ... people talking how they're proud to have saved a few bucks (in grand scheme of life, not much) by dropping season tickets.

Personally I am glad we don't have Wisconsin's culture, in so many ways.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I think people (like Packers fans as well as these other colleges) buy tickets because they feel it's a good value.

Well Norwood's money grab after the 2014 season sort of wiped out that way of looking at our season tickets for a lot of us.

At the time the price increase/ gouge job went down I looked up season ticket prices and donation levels at places like Iowa and Wisconsin and they were less that the post "donation" increase figures for Minnesota. It is not always apples to apples , so sometimes it is hard to compare.

If my memory is correct season tickets were dirt cheap compared to Minnesota at a lot of P5 schools, including Indiana, iowa State and others.

As someone else pointed out Minnesota is not Michigan or USC and the cost of sitting in a decent seat as ST holder should reflect that.

I have been following the plan that cost someone $45 last year since 2016 and have not regretted it a bit, although I have missed my nice seats in 112, but have actually sat in them more than once after the First Quarter after noticing no one is in them.

The last couple of years have been sort of shocking and sort of disturbing, as I have found it very easy to sit as a squatter in some of the very desirable seats in first 10 rows of the upper deck in the 20 to 30 yard line area with no one very close to me, almost every game.

The increases put forward by Norwood after the 2014 season did a lot more damage to the fanbase and football ticket sales than anyone knows.

When I used to have season tickets the Pizza type deals used to bother me a little but I like to see Minnesota fans in the stadium even if they do not pay full price. I think the students should get in for free, and U should throw in some more things for them to get them to show up. A full student section that generates no revenue other than concessions works for me.

Last edited:

Top Bottom