Opening Night Jersey Combo

magpie

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know if the opening night jersey combo has been set yet? If not, what do you want to see? From what I understand, last year's jerseys are still in rotation for this year, so all gold is still a possibility. That said, I'm sure some combo of the new jerseys will be used for the first game though.

Classic MMG. It's not a combo they photographed but still my favorite combo.

Anyone know if the opening night jersey combo has been set yet? If not, what do you want to see? From what I understand, last year's jerseys are still in rotation for this year, so all gold is still a possibility. That said, I'm sure some combo of the new jerseys will be used for the first game though.

Are you sure about that? With all of the new combinations possible with the new jerseys, I don't see them using the old again.

This is complete speculation on my part, but I would guess Flecks goes with the chrome gold helmets, maroon jerseys, and white pants.

Classic MMG. It's not a combo they photographed but still my favorite combo.
That's what I'm hoping for as well. You're right too, I spent the last hour trying to find a picture of that combo with the new uniforms and there's nothing. I'd actually be okay with the 1960 look of WMW too, since the jersey numbers are in white.

Are you sure about that? With all of the new combinations possible with the new jerseys, I don't see them using the old again.
Someone posted it over Summer how Fleck had said last year's jerseys were still in play. The new ones only appear to be anthracite, maroon, and white, so the gold would be what's inherited from last year I assume. Not sure if that includes the helmets, but I know a lot of people liked the full gold "banana" look.

This is complete speculation on my part, but I would guess Flecks goes with the chrome gold helmets, maroon jerseys, and white pants.
Does Fleck choose or the team? I'm guessing gold helmets for sure, maybe anthracite tops, maroon bottoms. Seems to be popular in recruiting photos.

Last edited:

Someone posted it over Summer how Fleck had said last year's jerseys were still in play. The new ones only appear to be anthracite, maroon, and white, so the gold would be what's inherited from last year I assume. Not sure if that includes the helmets, but I know a lot of people liked the full gold "banana" look.

Does Fleck choose or the team?

Good question, I just assumed the coach did.

I hope they use the Goldy helmets again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NO WHITE PANTS!!!!!!!

Pants should be maroon or gold every game. I bleepin' hate white pants.

They really only work with the all white unis...
I used to agree, but since the new maroon tops have white lettering they will match better, assuming it's with the white helmet. Kind of defeats the "golden" part of our nickname to go that route though.

I used to agree, but since the new maroon tops have white lettering they will match better, assuming it's with the white helmet. Kind of defeats the "golden" part of our nickname to go that route though.

To me, that white trim does not work at all, gives those maroon tops an unfinished/cheap look. I can live with the white numbers, but that trim... :-/

For the home opener I think they go with something that is heavy on traditional school colors. No white. I’m betting full maroon or full maroon unis with the gold helmet, chrome optional helmet possibly but I hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, that white trim does not work at all, gives those maroon tops an unfinished/cheap look. I can live with the white numbers, but that trim... :-/
To be honest, I hate the new jerseys all around, especially after the Kill-era - those were probably my favorites. The best look is the road whites (which is sad in itself), but even then I'd like to see gold or maroon pants. Only the Wacker-era jerseys are more hideous and awkward than these.

For the home opener I think they go with something that is heavy on traditional school colors. No white. I’m betting full maroon or full maroon unis with the gold helmet, chrome optional helmet possibly but I hope not.
Agreed, the less anthracite or chrome this year the better.

To be honest, I hate the new jerseys all around, especially after the Kill-era - those were probably my favorites. The best look is the road whites (which is sad in itself), but even then I'd like to see gold or maroon pants. Only the Wacker-era jerseys are more hideous and awkward than these.

Agreed, the less anthracite or chrome this year the better.

I know we are probably in the minority but I agree. I HATE the anthracite. I understand what I think doesn’t matter and it is for the players, which is cool, but I ain’t got to like it! I have seen some chrome helmets on other schools that I have liked. Louisville for example, but for some reason I don’t like ours.

I too loved the Kill era uniforms. In my opinion they may have have been the best uniforms in school history.

I know we are probably in the minority but I agree. I HATE the anthracite. I understand what I think doesn’t matter and it is for the players, which is cool, but I ain’t got to like it! I have seen some chrome helmets on other schools that I have liked. Louisville for example, but for some reason I don’t like ours.

I too loved the Kill era uniforms. In my opinion they may have have been the best uniforms in school history.

Yeah, my favorite unis as well. Did a great job of tying past to present. Had a modern updated classic, tough look. Loved the matte finished lids...one of the first teams to go with them.

Last edited:

I think the anthracite actually look good but they need to have anthracite pants with them and the chome gold.
The anthracite doesn't work well with gold or maroon pants imo.

I would expect we will see chrome gold for helmets, and M, M.

I really like the all-whites, but for road games of course.

I liked Mason's. I loved Kill's. I don't like white pants or shoes.

Gold Chrome Helmet with maroon mask, Maroon Top, White pants, gold chrome cleats!!

Ghole Staff should have a pick the uni combo contest as well as pick the score.

NO WHITE PANTS!!!!!!!

Agreed. They're atrocious... the ALL white unis are by far the worst.

My best for the opener is MMM. It's been that the last 2-3 years.

White pants before Labor Day.......OK. Everybody knows you don't wear white pants after Labor day.

Maroon helmets and jerseys with gold pants and gold stripes. None of the silly M in the striping. This is by far the best look. especially with maroon socks and shoes.

I'm very anti-Goldy helmets. Not a good look.

NO WHITE PANTS!!!!!!!

As much as I'm with you on this 100%, Can't stand it when a school wears white pants & white jerseys. Same with black or grayscale for both pants & jerseys.

Now ... yes, there are SOME schools who have a only a single primary school color and then usually choose white as the secondary color. In those cases, me personally I still wouldn't do white/white ... but it's an acceptable circumstance. ***this is all my opinion

re posting for reference:
https://hyprrelite.com/

THe chrome helmet has grown on me, and normally i hate white pants but i think it pairs well with the white numbers.
I feel like fleck wants to make a splash at the opener and showcase the new uni's, so my guess is Anthra jersey, Yellow Pants, Chrome Helmet.

re posting for reference:
https://hyprrelite.com/

THe chrome helmet has grown on me, and normally i hate white pants but i think it pairs well with the white numbers.
I feel like fleck wants to make a splash at the opener and showcase the new uni's, so my guess is Anthra jersey, Yellow Pants, Chrome Helmet.

The chrome/anthra/yellow ... is absolutely atrocious. I hope that combo is never worn, ever.

Frankly, if the anthra jerseyes were never worn, I'd be good with that too ... but since I doubt that, then I'd prefer the anthra for jerseys & pants with white helmet.

Of those combos, I'm hoping for maroon/maroon/chrome ... but any of the helmets work. Just don't like the stupid oar on the maroon and white helmets, that's the only reason I picked chrome.

Top Bottom