Opening Night Jersey Combo

I think our current helmets are bad ass

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interestingly I see a gold helmet from the past few seasons in the background

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's a different white helmet from the reveal...

white-profile.jpg

That's a different white helmet from the reveal...

View attachment 5719

They made similar subtle changes last year as well. @Oregon State they went with the all whites, including the mostly maroon/white logo/decals. Later in the year when they wore the white lids, it was back to the maroon/gold look. Plus throw in some Goldy faces, there are combos on combos on combos.

Last edited:

They went Snowman @ OSU last year. Not sure if that is more of a road uniform or not.

I'd like to see it at home tomorrow. Its my favorite look

I think white shirts are for the away team. It's probably like the NFL though, as long as you let the visiting know a head of time, you can wear white shirts at home ... (Dallas Cowboys)

Wow. Going all white would not be what I expect.

I think white shirts are for the away team. It's probably like the NFL though, as long as you let the visiting know a head of time, you can wear white shirts at home ... (Dallas Cowboys)

Or you're being a good host because the visiting team somehow lost their white uniforms, but were carrying their other (maroon) set with them.

Go Gophers!!

per the U:

Gophers To Open Season In White Uniforms

The University of Minnesota football team kicks off the 2018 season at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 30 at TCF Bank Stadium.

Minnesota unveiled its new H.Y.P.R.R. Elite uniforms earlier this year and will debut them on Thursday.

However, because of an equipment issue with New Mexico State, the Gophers will be wearing their new white uniforms instead of a traditional dark jersey at home. New Mexico State's white uniforms have not arrived yet, so their only option for the game is a dark uniform. Minnesota has agreed to wear a white uniform on Thursday and the Big Ten has approved this one-time change as well.

Go Gophers!!

I hope it’s not all whites ... but if that’s what the kids want, so be it.

Chrome helmets or white would be my choice, but whatever gets the kids to play the best is most important.

As much as I like the All white I think that’s an away only thing.
Al gold or All maroon for home is best.
Pants should always be the same color as jersey or else it looks gaudy/cheap.

It is an advantage to play with jerseys that are the same color as the football? It's actually a serious question, does a football-colored-jersey make it harder for linebackers to pick out who's got the ball?

It is an advantage to play with jerseys that are the same color as the football? It's actually a serious question, does a football-colored-jersey make it harder for linebackers to pick out who's got the ball?

If it does I think we need new linebackers.

Top Bottom