Expected Attendance for Opening night

Dakota Gopher

Reaction score
I am curious what to expect for opening night, what does everyone expect?

Since it's the off-season and we're arguing about everything right now. Should we discuss actual versus announced attendance?

My 6 season tickets will have butts in seats as they say! Trying to take off work around 1:30 to get tailgate up and running!

Freshman orientation always boosts the student turnout, that is nice.

Since it's the off-season and we're arguing about everything right now. Should we discuss actual versus announced attendance?

Fake news there is no arguing in Gopher hole.... Don't make me argue with you about that...

I bought my ticket Thursday and will be flying in from nashville.. so +1 to the current total.

For the Billd's at least 2 butts in the seats.

After that gravy attendance wise.

Flying in from Las Vegas with the Mrs. to see the game, so that will add 2 more to the list.

Since we don’t have a lake cabin and we’re going to the fair on Wednesday, Goldysmom and I will be back in our seats.

I would say a Thursday night is bad for attendance for casual viewers due to work schedules. As for students, when do classes start or when are students hitting campus? I'd imagine it would be a nice night and a great start to the school year. I'm guessing 30,000 actual attendance with a full student section.

Most high school players and coaches cannot be in attendance.

I hope Coyle at some point figures out that the week to have a weeknight game for the gophers is MEA weekend as that is the weekend a Thursday or Friday game wouldn’t conflict with high school players and coaches. Imo high school players and coaches should be a large target audience for gopher football to attract.

I will be at a HS Football game on the 30th, and DVR'ing the Gophers. If I had to guess, actual bodies in seats - 35,000. That is FR orientation week for the U of MN, and I think they give out tickets to all the incoming FR.

Heard Coyle on the Sports Huddle today. The Friday night game came up, and Coyle said he told the B1G that the Gophers only wanted to play a Friday game on a week where the High School teams were not playing on Friday. FWIW, the big metro schools (Class 6A) will be playing on Oct 26th - but most schools play on Saturday, the 27th that week.

No matter what attendance is announced people will come on here after and say "WHAT! There were nowhere near that many people in there!"

Nearly all of them from watching it on TV of course.

Gotta believe that they are trolls 'cuz it's hard to believe that they really think that the Gophers are they only people who don't announce the actual number of people through the turnstiles.

Come to think of it, maybe a lot of people around here don't get it. ;)

Most high school players and coaches cannot be in attendance.

I hope Coyle at some point figures out that the week to have a weeknight game for the gophers is MEA weekend as that is the weekend a Thursday or Friday game wouldn’t conflict with high school players and coaches. Imo high school players and coaches should be a large target audience for gopher football to attract.
According to current scheduling, we finally open the season on a Saturday in 2021. Our opponent, tOSU at TCF Bank!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

According to current scheduling, we finally open the season on a Saturday in 2021. Our opponent, tOSU at TCF Bank!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Should be a Gameday classic with the Gophs coming off their 13-1 and Cottonbowl win season looking to avenge their B1G Championship game loss to the Buckeyes. Gameday player feature will be Zack Annexstad and whether he can win back-to-back Heisman's.

Should be a Gameday classic with the Gophs coming off their 13-1 and Cottonbowl win season looking to avenge their B1G Championship game loss to the Buckeyes. Gameday player feature will be Zack Annexstad and whether he can win back-to-back Heisman's.

I want what you're having. Row the boat, baby! :drink:

Top Bottom