New Mexico State Hosts Wyoming Tonight

Teams usually make their largest amount of improvement between the first and second game. That said, Wyoming dominated about as much as I expected.

If Gophers don’t make a ton of mistakes, a victory should be expected.

Was Craig Bohl considered for being the Gopher's head coach after Claeys was fired?

I think got an interview after Brewster, but not sure. Don’t think he was in the running for either two after that.

"New Mexico State came into the game as the only FBS team in the nation to have lost its leading passer (Tyler Rogers), leading rusher (Larry Rose III) and leading receiver (Jaleel Scott) from 2017. The Aggies missed them, as Wyoming’s attacking defense forced a steady stream of mistakes and long-yardage situations throughout the evening."

I see a similar result. NMSU defense is horrible. Gophs cover.

"New Mexico State came into the game as the only FBS team in the nation to have lost its leading passer (Tyler Rogers), leading rusher (Larry Rose III) and leading receiver (Jaleel Scott) from 2017. The Aggies missed them, as Wyoming’s attacking defense forced a steady stream of mistakes and long-yardage situations throughout the evening."

I didn't watch the 2nd half but NMST's offense appeared to improve a bit in the second. I guess they had nowhere else to go but up. I'm glad we're facing a team with so many offensive issues for the first game because we have significant offensive question marks of our own.

Beware of false expectations.

Yeah, NMexSt did not look good. But every game is different - it's all about matchups.

Given a choice, I would rather go into the game expecting a close game, and get a blowout ---- as opposed to going into the game expecting a blowout, and getting a close game instead.

I didn't watch the 2nd half but NMST's offense appeared to improve a bit in the second. I guess they had nowhere else to go but up. I'm glad we're facing a team with so many offensive issues for the first game because we have significant offensive question marks of our own.

It's all relative...93 of their 135 total yards came on the one TD drive at the end of the game. They had 29 yards of total offense in the second half up to that point.

Granted, Wyoming is a really good football team, but Gophers will annihilate the Aggies. You can take that to the bank.

Their defense was a lot better than their offense, at least in the first half.

They gave up 50 yards more than they averaged last year when they ranked 74 in total defense. 29 points was their average last year in scoring defense, when they ranked 86...playing in the Sun Belt conference.

Do not forget about the Kent State game..... NMSU needs to be beat on the field... not by their past weeks performance.

They gave up 50 yards more than they averaged last year when they ranked 74 in total defense. 29 points was their average last year in scoring defense, when they ranked 86...playing in the Sun Belt conference.

Yeah....but will our offense be better than a sun belt offense? J/k (sort of). Please be good.

There is always the danger of overlooking a seemingly inferior opponent that a pretty good team just annihilated. I’m not sure this team, right now, can overlook anyone particularly in a likely to be messy game 1.

Yes, but their defense actually made some stops in the first half and they were on the field a long time because their offense did absolutely nothing until they got some garbage yards in the waning seconds of the half.

Yes, but their defense actually made some stops in the first half and they were on the field a long time because their offense did absolutely nothing until they got some garbage yards in the waning seconds of the half.

It's bound to happen when on the field for that many possessions. They are not good.

I see a similar result. NMSU defense is horrible. Gophs cover.

Like that S&P had them 69th in the country, 5 spots ahead of everyone's favorite G5 team UCF? They had an average, not horrible defense last year.

Top Bottom