Hole Poll: Will Gophers finish better, worse or same as pre-season BT Power Polls?

Hole Poll: Will Gophers finish better, worse or same as pre-season BT Power Polls?

• The Gophers will finish better than 11th in final BT Power Poll

Votes: 68 75.6%
  • The Gophers will finish worse than 11th in final BT Power Poll

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • The Gophers will finish 11th in final Big Ten Power Poll, the same as pre-season prediction.

Votes: 13 14.4%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The Gophers have consistently been 11th in most Big Ten Pre-season Power Polls. Do you think when the post-season Big Ten Power Polls come out, will the Gophers finish, better, worse or the same as the current 11th place slotting?

Last year Illinois was the easy #14, and I dare say Indy, Maryland, and the Gophs tied at #11.

Since I'm going with 3-6 in Big Ten this year, I will say that they do finish higher than #11.

I’m still confused on whether predicting success is viewed as optimism or trolling.

i think we'll finish in the 6-8 range of the bt.

Seems like the power ranking-er people are underestimating the value of a good defense.

Our record will be worse, but we'll be more competitive at the seasons end than we were last year.

The Gophers are in the second year of their systems, should see improved QB play, and return their top RB and WR. Their best defensive player is back after missing most of last season. Everything else is probably similar to last year. That should add up to something better than 11th in the pecking order.

The only way the Gophers likely get worse is if QB somehow goes even further backward from last year, or there's a huge number of injuries.

After looking at the voting, if it wasn't clear before this, it should be now.

We (GHers) are perhaps some of the dumbest people around, or perhaps we are delusionally optimistic.

We (GHers) are perhaps some of the dumbest people around, or perhaps we are delusionally optimistic.

Every fan base is optimistic. I voted we'd finish 11th, which may be a stretch now. We're not good and we're short a lot of players and experience from being good. We'll be voted 12th or so again next year. Players need to keep getting better and the coaches need to find more talented players to replace the ones leaving.

Uo7eoWA.gif

Top Bottom