30 Virginia
16 (N) North Carolina State
6 Oregon

6mwjV27.jpg

Attachments

• 6mwjV27.jpg
    6mwjV27.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 10

The news thus far from the Michigan State/East Tennessee State game is that Shay Colley was helped from the court to the locker room with 23 seconds remaining in the third (54-45 MSU). Colley, on a fast break, went down hard around the top of the arc. She appeared to land on her right knee cap and could not put weight on the leg as she was helped off. Although Merchant wanted a foul on the play it didn't appear Colley was tripped.

Shay Colley started in today's game versus Wright State scoring 21 points in 29 minutes in MSU's 84-64 win. Obviously, she's recovered.

https://www.spartannation.com/2018/11/22/late-comeback-falls-short-against-no-13-nc-state/

Michigan State (3-1) fell to North Carolina State (5-0) in Cancun:

Despite being down double-digits several times, the Michigan State women’s basketball team showed fight, falling to No. 13 NC State, 78-74, in the opening game of the Cancun Challenge on Thursday. This is the 14th annual Cancun Challenge and the third time that the Spartans have played in it.

Michigan State suffers its first loss of the season, falling to 3-1 this season, while the Wolfpack improve to 5-0.

For the fourth-straight game, MSU had at least four players in double figures. Redshirt-junior Shay Colley led the Spartans with her second-straight 20-point game with 20 points and seven rebounds. Redshirt-junior forward Victoria Gaines had a season-high with 15 points, including 11 in the fourth quarter. Junior Taryn McCutcheon continued her sharp shooting with 16 points, while senior center Jenna Allen added 11.

The Wolfpack were led by 17 points and 12 rebounds from Kiara Leslie. Grace Hunter also had a double-double with 16 points and 11 boards.

The Spartans were hit by a cold spell early in the fourth quarter going 4:28 minutes without a basket, as NCSU took another double-digit lead, 66-55. MSU then hit back-to-back threes to cut the lead to 66-61. MSU used an 8-0 run to trim the Wolfpack advantage to 66-63 with under four to play. The Spartans fought until the end, getting as close two points, but NC State avoided the upset and held on.

Michigan State will conclude the Cancun Challenge taking on Kennesaw State on Friday, Nov. 23 at 9 p.m.

Michigan State(5-1) handled the Tina Thompson coached Virginia Cavaliers 91-66. The Spartans played without Shay Colley (knee tweeked in Cancun), Clair Hendrickson and Sidney Cooks. The injured players were on the bench.

Without Shay Collley, MSU upsets #3 Oregon in East Lansing. 88-82. Jenna Allen with a monster game for MSU with 27 points. That's a win that should pay big dividends for MSU when NCAA tourney selections are made.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=25493260&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Hopefully MSU won’t be playing this well when they play Minnesota.

MSU, fresh off a home win over then #3 Oregon, had to go to overtime to beat Hartford 74-66. Anyone know where Shay Colley is? She didn't play again today and I've not been able to find any news on her absence. I know she had what looked to be a serious knee injury earlier in the year, but then she played the next game.

MSU, fresh off a home win over then #3 Oregon, had to go to overtime to beat Hartford 74-66. Anyone know where Shay Colley is? She didn't play again today and I've not been able to find any news on her absence. I know she had what looked to be a serious knee injury earlier in the year, but then she played the next game.

Colley is still out with a sprained MCL.

Thanks, Iggy. Seems like you're much better at navigating the net than I am. I don't wish injuries on anyone, but it is interesting to note that the Gophers play two of their first four BIG games against Michigan and Michigan State and both those teams currently have key players who have been out from injuries. MSU's Colley and Michigan's Thome (with back spasms). Seems like Thome's problems could be recurring. IMO, MSU with a healthy Colley, might be the third best team in the conference behind Iowa and Maryland, but without, they're middle of the pack.

Top Bottom