Kobe McCrary Signs With Vikings

Iceland12

Reaction score
Hope it sticks.

Andy Greder

Verified account @andygreder:

Former #Gophers running back Kobe McCrary has signed with the #Vikings, the team announced. The un-drafted free agent from Chipley, Fla., was a 240-pound bruiser for the U last year, with team highs of 5.3 yards per carry and eight touchdowns.

Good for him. Hope he at least makes the practice squad. Loved how he ran...good contrast to Rodney. Femi-Cole reminds me of him...hope F-C gets more chances this year.

Good for him. Hope he at least makes the practice squad. Loved how he ran...good contrast to Rodney. Femi-Cole reminds me of him...hope F-C gets more chances this year.

I agree with everything you said. I'm a big Kobe McCrary fan. And I wish F-C would get a shot on the field this year, although I sure haven't heard him mentioned much.

Vikings are listing him as an FB on their website.

He now becomes the #2 healthy FB on the roster behind CJ Ham as Stanton went down last game from injury. Hopefully he can at least make the practice squad.

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten more of a chance. Bigger guy with some speed, thought he had a chance to make it in the league.

Yeah me too. The Vikings are a distant second to me in terms of interest, but when they sign former Gopher players I tend to pay more attention. He is big and moves well for his size. I'm hoping he can see some action and make the roster.

I agree with everything you said. I'm a big Kobe McCrary fan. And I wish F-C would get a shot on the field this year, although I sure haven't heard him mentioned much.

F-C looked good in the practices. Maybe have a new version of Thunder & Lightning...

I felt like we could always count on Kobe to get the few hard yards we needed when he came into the game. Good for him.

I'm hoping he can see some action and make the roster.

I find it highly unlikely unfortunately. Rookies Roc Thomas and Mike Boone have both looked very good in the preseason. One or both of them won't make it to the 53 man roster.

If he'd had another year of eligibility....who knows.

He was just getting his legs underneath him at the B10 level.

Top Bottom