18. Miss St
19. Florida St
20. Virginia Tech
21. UCF
22. Boise St
23. Texas
24. Oregon
25. LSU

Others receiving votes:South Carolina 96, Florida 68, Utah 60, Oklahoma St. 51, FAU 38, Arizona 28, NC State 22, Texas A&M 21, Boston College 18, Northwestern 13, Kansas St. 10, Iowa St. 8, Houston 6, Memphis 3, Troy 2, Iowa 2, Kentucky 1, Arkansas St. 1, Fresno St. 1.

5 B1G teams in top 14
5 SEC teams in top 25

Seems reasonable. I noticed Coach Kiffen may be ramping up the Owls of FAU. He needs to be at a major program. I like the pot stirred.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So what stinks about this poll is that there is so little Big Ten West in the Top 25.
Gophers don't play anyone who can help them move up in the polls other than WI, a team who is a very strong CFP candidate.
This is bad for whoever takes 2nd or 3rd in the Big Ten West.

So what stinks about this poll is that there is so little Big Ten West in the Top 25.
Gophers don't play anyone who can help them move up in the polls other than WI, a team who is a very strong CFP candidate.

just win baby

Whoever takes 2nd or lower in the Big Ten West will not be in contention for a CFP top 12 ranking, and therefore be out of the NY6 bowls.

At that point, it's then just a matter of the contractual pecking order of the Big Ten bowl alignment.

As far as the Gophers opponents go:

#4 Wisconsin
#5 Ohio State

Others Receiving Votes: Northwestern (13), Iowa (2) & Fresno State (1)

If they win enough they will get votes. The lower part of the top 25 often doesn't have many if any wins ve ranked.

And considering last year.....we may wish we didn't play anyone like that.

They take on number 8 Miami at Arlington. Now I am not saying, but if they beat Miami are they at least a top 10 program?

How does week 0 compare to Year 0? Can we keep repeating it until we get it right?

Who voted Wisconsin #1 and put them ahead of OSU? Please, stop the madness. Sure, anything can happen and they could run through the west and get past a better team in the title game but that’s asking for a lower probability event. Where would they be predicted to finish in the East division?

Who voted Wisconsin #1 and put them ahead of OSU? Where would they be predicted to finish in the East division?

Bob Asmussen from the Champaign News-Gazette in IL was the sole voter who gave WIS. a #1 vote.

My guess is if they had to play a full east schedule they’d probably drop at least 1 and most likely 2 of the (Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St & Ohio St divisional games). Time will tell, they play @Michigan and @Penn St this year. Both are very difficult places to visit. Their schedule was much more favorable last year.

On a semi related note, the B1G East seems to be the best division in college FB. Rutgers and Maryland really have an uphill climb in that division.

Bob Asmussen from the Champaign News-Gazette in IL was the sole voter who gave WIS. a #1 vote.

My guess is if they had to play a full east schedule they’d probably drop at least 1 and most likely 2 of the (Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St & Ohio St divisional games). Time will tell, they play @Michigan and @Penn St this year. Both are very difficult places to visit. Their schedule was much more favorable last year.

On a semi related note, the B1G East seems to be the best division in college FB. Rutgers and Maryland really have an uphill climb in that division.

Rutgers is basically Sisyphus. If they ever get to the top, they'll just fall off immediately.

Fresno State getting a vote. Does that make us underdogs when they come to TCF?

Fresno State getting a vote. Does that make us underdogs when they come to TCF?

I believe the early Vegas line was Minnesota as 2pt favorite. Typically a home team gets around a field goal advantage in Vegas so if this game was on a neutral field the Gophers would most likely be 1pt underdog. If the game was in Fresno St like it will be next year I’d guess the gophers would be 3-4pt dogs.

Top Bottom