STrib: Letter from Lindsay

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/from-lin...d-pens-letter-of-thanks-and-an-iou/491194431/

1. First thank you goes to Coach T [Mike Thibault] for drafting me. I knew he was going to; he came to watch me in the Bahamas over Thanksgiving break in my senior year. Now, he got to go to the Bahamas. But he still was watching me play instead of being at home with his family. So I figured he was serious.

4. Seimone Augustus is the most unselfish superstar there has ever been. Name me another league-leading scorer and gold medalist who willfully sacrificed her scoring average and some of the spotlight to win championships. That’s right, you can’t. Seimone is the original Lynx. Without her unselfishness, killer jump shot and unguardable crossover, none of this would have ever happened. She led us to our first championship in 2011 by her sheer will and determination. Her performance in Game 2 [36 points, eight rebounds] against Atlanta, at home, will go down as the best individual performance in a game I have ever been a part of. Thank you, Money Mone.

8. Janel McCarville always made things fun. One of the most charismatic, easygoing teammates you are ever going to find. We are about as close to being sisters as you can get while not being related. I am so thankful that, at the end of the regional finals against Duke, she put her arm around me for that famous hug. Now when I think of my college years and that Final Four run, that is instantly what I think of. Thank you, Janel.

13. And finally, I have an IOU, if you will. We made it to the Final Four when I played at the University of Minnesota. It is now my goal to bring a national championship to the University of Minnesota. I don’t know how long it is going to take, or just how we are going to do it yet. But I won’t stop working until that has happened.

Fun to read. Did notice though that Pam Borton was omitted.

Didn’t mention Frese, either. The mentions were all WNBA coaches and teammates, plus family.

It is interesting that she didn't mention her college coaches. Perhaps they were so-so in her life compared to all the other points in her letter.

It is interesting that she didn't mention her college coaches. Perhaps they were so-so in her life compared to all the other points in her letter.

I think Brenda Oldfield walked after one year and gets a big f you from Lindsay, while serving as extra motivation for her to overtake the Maryland program. And Borton, with all due respect, was not just good enough.

I believe the phrase from Whalen about Oldfield/Frese was along the lines of, "As far as I remember, she didn't play a single minute."

Top Bottom