Wisconsin WR Quintez Cephus taking leave of absence from team...

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
...following “unspecified” charges from the Dane County DA’s office

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The coach should probably be fired for letting him participate while under investigation imo. What a garbage program. Glad we don’t have to deal with crap like this

The coach should probably be fired for letting him participate while under investigation imo. What a garbage program. Glad we don’t have to deal with crap like this

Clearly warrants the death penalty.

His dad was murdered execution style in April.
He was expected to be number one WR.
Taylor, expected number two WR has been in a boot.

1. I have no doubt the Trib would be all over Fleck and the U no matter what happened.

2. Having said that I don't think "a player facing criminal charges handle his own discipline" is actually what is happening in Wisc.

Rather I suspect this is a player who knows what might go down and is stepping aside to try to get ahead of the mess. His statement all but says that.

1. I have no doubt the Trib would be all over Fleck and the U no matter what happened.

2. Having said that I don't think "a player facing criminal charges handle his own discipline" is actually what is happening in Wisc.

Rather I suspect this is a player who knows what might go down and is stepping aside to try to get ahead of the mess. His statement all but says that.

Correct. https://uwbadgers.com/sports/2017/8/10/policies-student-athlete-discipline-policy.aspx

Anybody know what happened?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Wisconsin’s policy allows student athletes to participate as long as they aren’t charged with a crime... which is a bad policy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wisconsin reporter @jaypo1961 on Twitter defending the university and player pretty aggressively tonight.

Wisconsin’s policy allows student athletes to participate as long as they aren’t charged with a crime... which is a bad policy...

I don't mind it.

Better than unqualified university staff pretending to be amateur legislature, judge, and jury with secret appeals and such... our legal system has developed the way it has for good reasons.

I don't mind it.

Better than unqualified university staff pretending to be amateur legislature, judge, and jury with secret appeals and such... our legal system has developed the way it has for good reasons.

Pretty sure PJ has suspended guys for drugs and other minor offenses (under the table) before. Under Wisconsin’s policy I don’t think that’s possible.

I think coaches should be able to suspend players for whatever they want and I’m unsure if that’s possible in Wisconsin’s system.

Pretty sure PJ has suspended guys for drugs and other minor offenses (under the table) before. Under Wisconsin’s policy I don’t think that’s possible.

I think coaches should be able to suspend players for whatever they want and I’m unsure if that’s possible in Wisconsin’s system.

Yup, PJ can still run his team the way he wants (within obvious limits).

I'd find it hard to imagine Wisc's policy is absolute. Wisc hasn't ever removed a player outside criminal charges?

You support suspending players who are merely accused of a crime? When the police/prosecutor haven't even determined that there is probable cause?

OK, I accuse Zach Annexstad of knocking over a topiary on my front porch. Malicious destruction of, umm, plants and stuff. Suspend him!

Update per si.com:

"I have been wrongly accused of unlawful conduct and I am innocent of any allegations associated with this consenual relationship," Cephus shared on Twitter. He also said the charges against him are from an incident in April, which has been investigated for three months.

I propose sending the U Title IX compliance team to Madison to assist in the investigation. They should find that Taylor and the Oline are involved you would think.

https://www.si.com/college-football...s-leave-absence-unspecified-charges-wisconsin

Update per si.com:

"I have been wrongly accused of unlawful conduct and I am innocent of any allegations associated with this consenual relationship," Cephus shared on Twitter. He also said the charges against him are from an incident in April, which has been investigated for three months.

I propose sending the U Title IX compliance team to Madison to assist in the investigation. They should find that Taylor and the Oline are involved you would think.

https://www.si.com/college-football...s-leave-absence-unspecified-charges-wisconsin

Yeah, Wisconsin should adopt the policies that have resulted in a multi-million dollar lawsuit against Minnesota.

They need a whole team boycott. Where is the team unity?

Badgers apparently don’t get sarcasm.

That’s pretty funny! Let’s be clear Alvarez and his legal team wrote that and yes many cities are easy on the home town team.

*My **opinion** *:

It's almost gotten to the point where you need to tell football players when they come into the program that they are not allowed to do anything with any drunken person. Period. Too much risk. Just takes one accusation of sexual abuse/rape and not only are you done, but it's like punching the entire program and every one of your teammates in the eye. Just can't do it anymore. Those days are gone.

It’s not a bad policy. Seems perfectly reasonable, to reasonable people. To political hotheads, probably not because GUILTY, right?

Title IX does not require suspensions during investigations. That’s a decision made by individual schools.

Title IX does not require suspensions during investigations. That’s a decision made by individual schools.

It all depends on how you interpret Title IX and then interpret if the school's actions or lack of actions were consistent with the requirements of the law.

Someone could certainly try to argue that a school failed to act by choosing not to suspend a player from a team, because that would have been in the best interests of protecting the student body from sexual abuse. I have no idea if that is a logical or legally relevant argument ... but schools are all about risk mitigation when it comes to this stuff.

Top Bottom