2018 Gophers in the NFL Thread!

Where will the Gopher rank in colleges on opening day rosters? Top 100?

It would be nice to see the Vikes pick up Ryan Santoso and Steve Richardson on waivers. However, it is a tough deal with the Vikings having to make their own cuts to get to the 53-man roster.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Man. He was the starting TE.

Yeah, and now it puts it in Gesicki's hands. If he plays well with this opportunity it's not hard to imagine Queis will be looking for a roster spot somewhere next season. It's the way of the league but it's hard to see it happen.

Yeah, and now it puts it in Gesicki's hands. If he plays well with this opportunity it's not hard to imagine Queis will be looking for a roster spot somewhere next season. It's the way of the league but it's hard to see it happen.

I don't know if any of you watch Hard Knocks, but it really puts it into perspective how difficult even making the practice squad is in the NFL, from fall camp. Quite an accomplishment, especially for a guy like Wozniak, playing a position that he didn't play in college, and potentially beating out a guy who played OT for 4/5 years. Though not sure who New Orleans cut.

Last edited:

per Sid:

• With Eric Decker’s retirement, former Gophers in the NFL include Briean Boddy-Calhoun with Cleveland, De’Vondre Campbell with Atlanta, Eric Murray with Kansas City, Marcus Sherels with the Vikings, Maxx Williams with Baltimore, Damien Wilson with Dallas and MarQueis Gray with Miami, though he is on injured reserve. Tramaine Brock, who began his college career with the Gophers, is with Denver after playing for the Vikings in 2017. Three former Gophers are on practice squads: Jalen Myrick with the Vikings, Steven Richardson with the L.A. Chargers and Nate Wozniak with New Orleans.

http://www.startribune.com/nfl-s-ne...a-concern-to-vikings-rick-spielman/492778571/

Go Gophers!!

Tell me again why the recent good kickers from the Gophers can't get a longer look in the NFL? Hope Santoso gets a shot with the purple ...even to the practice squad.

Would be nice for them earn some NFL $

Wilson just had a great sack on Eli!

Maxx is having a nice little game on national TV right now. 5 catches for 51 yards - showcasing his hands and catching abilities we're all familiar with. He's also blocking his damn tail off!

He was also featured in a somewhat bizarre, though very cool, trick play that the Ravens ran. They had Maxx lined up as a Guard ... yes, as in next to the center. He paused for a second, like blocking, and then ran up and out from the middle of the line to catch a pass for a first down (if I recall correctly). It was legal because he was actually lined up back, off the line.

Have never seen such a formation.

He was also featured in a somewhat bizarre, though very cool, trick play that the Ravens ran. They had Maxx lined up as a Guard ... yes, as in next to the center. He paused for a second, like blocking, and then ran up and out from the middle of the line to catch a pass for a first down (if I recall correctly). It was legal because he was actually lined up back, off the line.

Have never seen such a formation.

It was a 22 yard completion. Even the announcers said that they'd never seen anything like it. They had the rules guy speak about it and he wasn't even sure if it was legal or not.

It was a 22 yard completion. Even the announcers said that they'd never seen anything like it. They had the rules guy speak about it and he wasn't even sure if it was legal or not.

I see! Thanks

Reminds me of the movie Little Giants. "This is incredible! They got the guards in the backfield! The center's on the right! And the quarterback isn't even there!" " ......they're just standing around!"

Eric Murray just made a great pick in the monday night game vs. the broncos. Announcers were raving about it.

But Murray had his back turned away from the ball when he made that great play :rolleyes:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom