He’s like the coach out there Like, all right, Coach Tyler. - Strib

Iceland12

Reaction score
Simon said some of those small details are Johnson understanding his leverage on a defender and identifying coverages. The position coach said Johnson has always been capable of the basics — jumping and catching the ball, running the route — but he’s now becoming a smarter player. That’s also manifested in off-field work; Johnson comes in early to stretch and take care of his body.

A glimpse of payoff from that extra preparation came in April’s spring game, when Johnson made his self-described best catch, a one-handed grab that he still sees come across his screen at least five times a week. But the receiver isn’t trying too hard to recreate that moment. Johnson doesn’t have any personal goals beyond wanting team success and a memorable Gophers career.

“Just go out there and play. If it happens again, it happens again. But as long as I make the catch, then I guess that’s considered a great play. So it doesn’t have to be spectacular,” Johnson said. “But if it’s spectacular, then I’ll take it.”

Big brother

Simon described Johnson as “quiet but confident.” His high school coach, Charles Adams, said Johnson is “soft-spoken” but can assume a commanding presence on the field.

His friends have a bit of a different description.

“He’s very outgoing,” said Howard, one of Johnson’s three football roommates in an apartment near campus. “He’ll introduce himself and then he might follow that up with quick conversation, and then you might end up dying laughing because he might say something funny or do something goofy. He’s a goofy dude.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...71/?ref=nl&om_rid=1635722697&om_mid=105699785

I feel like Tyler still hasn't really shown us what he can do... that makes me excited... but also kinda skeptical about all these TJ articles.

Dude could break out and i'd very much like to see that.... or this is a perpetual hype train that never gets far from the station... nervous / do not want to see the last one.

Top Bottom