Ciarrocca, Weyler, Coughlin, Winfield on BTN with Dinardo, Mason, Griffith, Revsine

I have talked to the moderator about banning Mennosota. Very disappointed if it doesnt happen.

Good Lord, completely innocuous opinion brings out the Gopherhole snowflakes. A smallish federation of folks on this board are responsible for a majority of the posts. Eliminate those who dare step outside the group think once in a while all that will be left is a slightly different version of the same take over and over. Very Trump like to want to ban those who may slightly offend you.

Much more of a positive take than the local fan base. I am still going with 8 wins.
These guys travel around and see every team in the conference. It is easy for them to get a quick feel for the level of talent, quickness and attitude versus other B1G teams. If they think we look competitive then I would tend to believe their observations over that of a bunch of GH posters that haven’t seen the team close up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having an alternate take or opinions outside of the norm is not the problem, in fact it is encouraged. It is when a poster/troll just posts crap to stir the pot and disrupt the forum. They aren’t trying to add to the conversation but to just troll. Menno... has more than his share of just stirring the pot, it would be a welcomed improvement if he just tried to be a part of the conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, he’s pointing out all the recruits save one are 3s despite PJs rep as a recruiter. Then, we have the same people that tirelessly defend every perceived slight at PJ arguing against a coach’s importance in overachieving those same mediocre recruiting classes. It’s a little bizarre at times. Hence the humorous (IMO) jabs.

The middle of the road hot take is yeah, PJ is recruiting more “high 3s” and a few out state 4 stars but he’s still going to have to overachieve his recruit rankings by a substantial margin to make a run at the West/ Big Ten Title. The jury is out on that.

Last edited:

Well, he’s pointing out all the recruits save one are 3s despite PJs rep as a recruiter. Then, we have the same people that tirelessly defend every perceived slight at PJ arguing against a coach’s importance in overachieving those same mediocre recruiting classes. It’s a little bizarre at times. Hence the humorous (IMO) jabs.

The middle of the road hot take is yeah, PJ is recruiting more “high 3s” and a few out state 4 stars but he’s still going to have to overachieve his recruit rankings by a substantial margin to make a run at the West/ Big Ten Title. The jury is out on that.

Yeah, I've been on both sides of the Fleckster expectations ire. Expecting eight regular season wins last year and this year wildly high, and excited for recruiting classes in the low/mid 40s as much too low.

Everyone looks great when facing a phantom opponent. The proof is in the actual games. Until we prove we're good, we are just a fantasy.

I know lots of folks think MennoSota is a troll. I don’t care either way. I just marvel at the uselessness of this opinion. There is absolutely no new information content in it whatsoever. It could be used as a random response to many OP’s. It is the GopherHole equivalent of saying “between the sheets” after reading a fortune cookie.

So, in a way, this is quite an achievement, I guess. I would like to think I topped it with this post, but maybe I am just dreaming.

I know lots of folks think MennoSota is a troll. I don’t care either way. I just marvel at the uselessness of this opinion. There is absolutely no new information content in it whatsoever. It could be used as a random response to many OP’s. It is the GopherHole equivalent of saying “between the sheets” after reading a fortune cookie.

So, in a way, this is quite an achievement, I guess. I would like to think I topped it with this post, but maybe I am just dreaming.

between the sheets

A little off-topic - but Reusse has a new column in the Strib about Gordy Shaw returning to coaching with a local high school team in the Twin Cities. Goes back through Shaw's coaching history, including his time at the U of MN with Mason. Gordy is definitely a character. worth a read. Meanwhile, speaking of Souhan, he has an incredibly (IMHO) self-righteous column ripping the Vikings' Andrew Sendejo and making Sendejo the poster boy for excessive violence in Football. It's Souhan at his most moralistic.

Souhan always seems so arbitrary.

"Time to complain.... " rolls 12 sided dice "Yeah I'll target this guy today...."

Everyone looks great when facing a phantom opponent. The proof is in the actual games. Until we prove we're good, we are just a fantasy.

This is true, however, I'm a "little" more optimistic based on the fact that the B1G crew is basing all of their remarks and comparisons on the rest of the conference teams under the same "phantom" conditions as the Gophers. Also, the fact that last year under these circumstances, they had very little positive to say about the Gophers and, as it turns out, they were pretty much spot on. They definitely have us trending up this year.

Top Bottom