For Clemson's First Game, One of Their Students Could be the QB for the Other Team

I saw that the other day too. Pretty cool for him I bet.

When I was in high school, my school was in the early stages of consolidating sports and academics with neighboring districts. Some of the sports were paired, some were still with the individual school, and more interestingly, we had paired some sports with the town west of us and the academics where starting to be shared with the school to our east. So, for about a 3 year period we would literally be in class with kids that played on a different team. We were in the same conference so gameday within this huge, but friendly rivalry was really crazy. As players we would literally sit in class wearing opposing jerseys to school that day. This is the first situation I have seen that is remotely similar at the college level.

When I was in high school, my school was in the early stages of consolidating sports and academics with neighboring districts. Some of the sports were paired, some were still with the individual school, and more interestingly, we had paired some sports with the town west of us and the academics where starting to be shared with the school to our east. So, for about a 3 year period we would literally be in class with kids that played on a different team. We were in the same conference so gameday within this huge, but friendly rivalry was really crazy. As players we would literally sit in class wearing opposing jerseys to school that day. This is the first situation I have seen that is remotely similar at the college level.

My school was smaller and didn't do ALL the sports.

So local students doing a sport we didn't do could PICK between three other schools.

It was possible to have kids playing sports at four different schools attending our school, including players who played on opposing teams. Fun stuff.

Except when it came to football.... nobody wore the opposing team colors that day, they knew better ;)

Top Bottom