Minnesota Football Day on BTN Tomorrow 8/16

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
If you don’t have them already recorded, some fun games to watch.

Indiana game is fun to watch.

The real question: Will we get to watch 1996 Minnesota vs. Illinois?

The real question: Will we get to watch 1996 Minnesota vs. Illinois?

I'd love to re-watch the 1993 game vs Purdue. Was there in the student section and couldn't believe what I was seeing! (59-56)

It's sad that one of our "classic games" BTN routinely plays is the Little Caesar's Bowl

Purdue 2014...I know they have the Michigan win as they’ve played it in the past. C’mon, man.

Purdue 2014...I know they have the Michigan win as they’ve played it in the past. C’mon, man.

39-38 Gopher win with David Cobb getting 194 yards. Sounds "rewatchable". Have thought in the past that what game they chose may be because of a rights issue. There are all Gopher wins and close games but maybe not all of them "memorable".

Betting the "close game" part played a factor too.

For those of you who aren't under the false impression that they are just showing last year's games (;) ) the games are:

The above mentioned Purdue game at 11:30.

The 2015 Quick Lane Victory against Central Michigan at 1:00. Yeah, this showing does seem like a shot at the Gophers.

The 2014 Victory down in Nebraska. Yeah, that is worth another watch. It's showing at 2:30.

The 2013 win at Indiana at 5:00. Didn't remember this one. Looked and the Gophers won 42-39 in a game where Cobb carried 29 times for 298 yards and Phil Nelson went 16 for 23 for 298 yards and 4 TD (!). Will watch that one too. It's at 4:00.

The 5:30 game is the Holiday Bowl win over Washington State

Finally at 7:00 the 2011 22-21 victory over Iowa at TCF. Bad season but that win was a lot of fun. So was keeping Floyd at Home.

From ESPN:

MINNEAPOLIS -- Marqueis Gray's fourth-down sprint for the pylon from the 2-yard line in the closing minutes lifted Minnesota to a 22-21 victory over Iowa on Saturday, giving the Gophers possession of the Floyd of Rosedale bronze pig trophy for the second straight year.

Gray went 11 for 17 for 193 yards and a touchdown passing and ran 11 times for 62 yards and the go-ahead score for the Gophers (2-6, 1-3), who lost their first three Big Ten games by an average margin of 38 points. Minnesota students stormed the field in celebration and surrounded the players afterward.

It's sad that one of our "classic games" BTN routinely plays is the Little Caesar's Bowl

They used to show the Penn St. game... maybe they will again... but man it was a while ago. Even the big ones are a bit discouraging in some sense.

Here's the official BTN schedule. They are also replaying all the episodes of "Being P.J. Fleck". The major head scratcher is why that Quick Lane Bowl victory is the only game to be shown twice.

http://btn.com/shows/

Here's the official BTN schedule. They are also replaying all the episodes of "Being P.J. Fleck". The major head scratcher is why that Quick Lane Bowl victory is the only game to be shown twice.

http://btn.com/shows/

Quarterback Mitch Leidner threw for a touchdown, and ran for a 13 yard touchdown with 4:26 remaining to help Minnesota cap a losing season by beating Central Michigan 21-14 in the Quick Lane Bowl.

Thanks a lot BUMMER TV NETWORK!

I'd love to re-watch the 1993 game vs Purdue. Was there in the student section and couldn't believe what I was seeing! (59-56)

Craziest, most fun I ever had at a Gophers game. Omar Douglas became a legend that day.

The 2013 win at Indiana at 5:00. Didn't remember this one. Looked and the Gophers won 42-39 in a game where Cobb carried 29 times for 298 yards and Phil Nelson went 16 for 23 for 298 yards and 4 TD (!). Will watch that one too. It's at 4:00.
[/I]

Thanks for the rundown on the schedule! Can't believe you forgot this IU game. It was the one where IU was driving for the winning score (and probably could've kicked a FG), but they attempted a lateral pass which was fumbled and recovered by the Gophers to ice the win. Craziest freaking thing I've ever seen in person. I was fully prepared to face the mocking of the hapless IU fans since I'd probably been overly-enthusiastic as the Gophers took an early lead and looked to be crusing...

Just rewatched the Holiday Bowl vs Wash. St. The D really showed up! A lot of new names this year vs that 2016 team! Pretty shocking to actually watch in real time and notice all the guys who have left or graduated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the "classic" games shown on BTN were really classics. It would be fun to see games from the past not just the last 2-5 years.

I wish the "classic" games shown on BTN were really classics. It would be fun to see games from the past not just the last 2-5 years.

Unfortunately, getting the rights to the games that were on ABC or some of the old regional networks is nearly impossible.

Unfortunately, getting the rights to the games that were on ABC or some of the old regional networks is nearly impossible.

With BTN being a partnership with arch-rival Fox, I too highly doubt that Disney (ABC & ESPN parent company) will "give away" some of the classic old games for less than a hefty price tag.

Wisconsin at MN 2017 on right now. Not sure how that qualifies as a good rewatch.

Top Bottom