Stewart Mandel is Not Rowing Anything

He did, the refs ****ed it up

I agree, I’ve long contended that shouldn’t have been reversed. The play isn’t over and progress isn’t stopped the millisecond any part of the ball touches the receiver’s hand. He has to gather it in and gain possession. By the time Woli did that, he was in the end zone. The ability to view stop action replay has screwed up application of this principle.

4 or 5 wins. This year is a gimmee for everyone and everyone knows it. As long as the Gophers win at least 1 game nobody's getting fired. At least two wins and there will be no heat on anyone at all. Maybe the Gophers will overachieve (I hope they do!) but this season simply doesn't matter a whole lot.

I’m going to go ahead and disagree with that. If we win 2-3 games the honeymoon will officially be over. He obviously will not get fired, but barring extenuating circumstances if 2019 doesn’t generate least 6-8 wins he’ll be on the hot seat going into 2020. Even then he won’t be fired unless 2020 is an ugly season. He’s Coyle’s guy.

I’d like to see signs of life this year. I can envision anywhere from 3-8 wins. So much rides on one of the QBs showing up, and the defense staying healthy.

Yep! As pissed as I've ever been. Maroney and Russell ran up and down the field all day and then couldn't get 10 yards at the most crucial time. Think Maroney was stopped on about a third and one. Also, the damn ball ended up way back there because we couldn't field the onside kick and it kept bouncing back towards our goal line. God, I hate the Badgers.

1. Russell should've gotten that carry on 3rd & 3. For all of Maroney's greatness, Russell was the better short yardage back.

2. We should've gone for it on 4th & 1 and just tried to end the game there.

I’m going to go ahead and disagree with that. If we win 2-3 games the honeymoon will officially be over. He obviously will not get fired, but barring extenuating circumstances if 2019 doesn’t generate least 6-8 wins he’ll be on the hot seat going into 2020. Even then he won’t be fired unless 2020 is an ugly season. He’s Coyle’s guy.

I’d like to see signs of life this year. I can envision anywhere from 3-8 wins. So much rides on one of the QBs showing up, and the defense staying healthy.

If any other BT school was starting these 2 QBs we would anticipate easily trouncing that team. 2018 will be terrible and if the gophs win 1 or go 0fer PJ is fired along with Coyle by the New U (female of color) president.

2. We should've gone for it on 4th & 1 and just tried to end the game there.

I thought at the time that everybody in the world must have known this. I know I was pleading with Mason (thru my TV) for a fourth down run. They hadn't been able to stuff the run all game, they weren't going to start then.

I refuse to believe that Tanner and/or Zach are going to be that incredibly bad and incompetent.

Even if we run the ball on every single offensive play, we should still beat NM St, Miami OH, and Illinois. And even though they're freshmen, I still think they can deliver at least at Rhoda levels of performance. So Fresno, Maryland, Indiana, and Purdue, at least, should be in play. Maybe Iowa too.

I thought at the time that everybody in the world must have known this. I know I was pleading with Mason (thru my TV) for a fourth down run. They hadn't been able to stuff the run all game, they weren't going to start then.

You'll be hard pressed to find a more risk-adverse person than a college football coach who has the lead late in the 4th quarter. Doesn't excuse it ... but a punt is "supposed" to be a safe play. You never plan for a bobbled punt ..... s*** happens.

Top Bottom