• Ohio State

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Penn State

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Purdue

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Other (Illinois, Maryland, Indiana, Rutgers)

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
We all know Minnesota has the best fans, but which school do you look forward to hosting and visiting.

Ok to sound off on why or why not you voted for who you did. I had to take out the most benign & unknown fanbases. Also allowing multiple votes.

Last edited:

Cast my vote for Nebraska. In Lincoln we were treated very well (drinks bought, jell-o shots shared, many people thanking us for coming, etc.) and have never had issue with them when they've come to Minnesota.

I also cast a vote for Michigan - each time I've been to the Big House it has been a very pleasant experience, with fans asking us to join tailgates, swap stories, etc. Michigan fans generally have an air of superiority about them but once you get past that they're good to chat with, and I think the Hoke years crumbled some of that facade.

Worst are Wisconsin and Ohio State IMO. Iowa fans are bad in the Twin Cities but have been very cordial in Iowa City, strangely enough.

Nebraska fans are great. Travel well, respectful, just very passionate.

Worst are Wisconsin and Ohio State IMO. Iowa fans are bad in the Twin Cities but have been very cordial in Iowa City, strangely enough.

Agree with this 100%. I've been to Iowa City 5 times & only had issues once (2001) and that was students.

Best: Nebraska was nice, but they knew they were going to kick the sh!t out of us (2012). I still vote Penn State. Beat them in 2003 & they were so nice to us both before & after (cooked us steaks after game in tailgate lot).

Worst: Had bad experiences with Wisconsin, but it hasn't been all bad. I thought Ohio State fans were bad in 2002 when I was there.

I think this was a troll trap set up by the moderators. Anyone voting Wisconsin fans here is 100% a troll.

I voted Penn State and Nebby. I went to Penn State in 2003 and it was nuts how nice the fans are. That said, they weren't as nice here (a few were downright rude). But they were so nice there it made up for it. Nebraska was awesome there and here, but probably not overall as good there as PSU, but better here.

Alabama fans were pretty cool at the Music City Bowl in '04.

I'm guessing the 5 people that voted for Wisconsin have never been anywhere else and expect to have beer thrown on them when attending a road game...

Agree with this 100%. I've been to Iowa City 5 times & only had issues once (2001) and that was students.

Best: Nebraska was nice, but they knew they were going to kick the sh!t out of us (2012). I still vote Penn State. Beat them in 2003 & they were so nice to us both before & after (cooked us steaks after game in tailgate lot).

Worst: Had bad experiences with Wisconsin, but it hasn't been all bad. I thought Ohio State fans were bad in 2002 when I was there.

We were there in 2014 when we beat the Huskers and the fans were still nice to us after the game, telling we had a good team and good coach. Nobody bought me a drink, though. :(

I'm guessing the 5 people that voted for Wisconsin have never been anywhere else and expect to have beer thrown on them when attending a road game...
Or verbally and physically assaulted...

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

who ever voted Wisconsin

Move back we dont want you here

They are far ahead of most fan bases as the poorest. yes they follow etc. but being over the top is not something to be proud of

honestly,

i have a bone to pick with every single fan base except nebraska. Hence my vote. They have always been respectful and inviting. They are the only ones you an have an actual college football discussion with. Nerdwestern is a close second, they always treated me well when I lived in Chicago.

Wisconsin badger fans are like the northern version of the LSU Tiger fans.

In fact, the Badger fans kind of smell like corn dogs too.

I'll cast the lone Michigan State vote. They show up everywhere, from a ton of bars in Chicago to packing houses in NYC, Boston, DC, and everywhere I've spent much time. Plus they keep it going strong for basketball as well. (the OP said best fans not best football fans)

It seems they are an average traveling base but a tavern filler across America. I would wager on them, Texas, or Ohio State for the school that sells the most drinks to real actual alumni fans nationwide.

We were there in 2014 when we beat the Huskers and the fans were still nice to us after the game, telling we had a good team and good coach. Nobody bought me a drink, though. :(

If buying drinks makes great fans Texas Tech takes it all for me. On the night Mason died I was in a Denver bar. A clan of Tech fans were understandably down about the 5 TD 3rd quarter deficit. As they went to leave I told them all to stay. They would win. Just watch...

The rest is history and they bought me enough sympathy drinks to be basket carried home and deposited at my door. Good people, those Red Raiders :D

Based on my experience, speaking in generalities, I would say Nebraska, by a mile. Respectful, kind, passionate and knowledgeable.

Important to remember that every team has its donkey/asshole fans. Do your best to never let one fan define your views of that team’s fan base!

Have attended Big 10 games in: Minnesota, Nebraska (x3), Iowa (x2), and Northwestern. Going to THE Ohio State University for Gophers/Buckeyes this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really the only fans I've ever thought poorly of were Wisc. Everyone else I've encountered in the B1G has been pretty good.

Nebby for sure is the best. Nothing but kind, fun, and knowledgeable fans. I haven't traveled to all the BiG schools for games but I thought the Purdue fans were cool and the Sparty fans were good too. tOSU are cocky as hell and not nice...but they are not mean either. Worst by far is how I've got my name...just god awful experiences at Camp Randall. Just obnoxious, drunk, ignorant (half the fans didn't even know who their players were)...verbally assaulted, beer thrown on me, and some pushing and shoving from behind. Funny thing is I have been to Lambeau 5x and the fans have been nothing but great there. Super fun, knowledgeable, and actually nice! What a contrast from cities a few hours apart!

The true test is the reaction that visiting fans get after their team just got the W. Any fan base is cordial before games and after wins. Do home fans approach and engage cordially after a loss?

The true test is the reaction that visiting fans get after their team just got the W. Any fan base is cordial before games and after wins. Do home fans approach and engage cordially after a loss?

Nebraska passes this with flying colors, went when Mitch and crew won and after the game fans were gracious and complimentary of our team. Would be great to apply this measure to Wisconsin fans ASAP.

I wouldn't go that far. Most are, not all though.

Worst away fans are Iowa, however they're alright at Kinnick, not nearly as bad as fans who either live up here or travel. Camp Randell is the worst but the weird thing about Bucky is the fans at the Kohl Center were really nice both times me and my wife went. IU fans are fun, they get hammered in the parking lot and never make it to the game, unless they're playing Purdue. Nebraska fans have always been cool when they travel, my season tickets are next to the away section so I get to meet most of the traveling fans, sucks when they bring the band

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've only been to Nebraska, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa and I will say easily the worst home fans are..........Northwestern, surprisingly. Mainly due to apathy about their own team and general unfriendliness overall. I put it down as big city aloofness/assholiness.

I sat next to some very pleasant Nebraska fans last year. Girl was cute too. They left at halftime however.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Michigan fans at the Halloween game were fun, but that may just have been the atmosphere of wearing costumes and drinking.

Number one on my list are OSU fans, hands down. Arrogance personified. They mock relentlessly.

Wisconsin is the team that I want us to beat the most because I live here due to work and I am sick of losing to them. That being said, I have been to games at Camp Randell and fans at the bar we went to were sarcastic but not bad. Some last years actually bought us a shot to have with them. Had a few comments thrown at us from the student section but I see that most everywhere.

Iowa fans were obnoxious when we went there and made it known they didn't like us. That was about 15 years ago though.

Nebraska passes this with flying colors, went when Mitch and crew won and after the game fans were gracious and complimentary of our team. Would be great to apply this measure to Wisconsin fans ASAP.

Ask Missouri fans about how nice Nebraska fans are after you've beaten them a few times. Answer would be: not very.

Let's beat 'um a couple more times and see how nice the are down there in 2020. Guessing they still will be pretty nice. Mainly because we aren't a "close" rival but would sure like to find out.

Ask Missouri fans about how nice Nebraska fans are after you've beaten them a few times. Answer would be: not very.

Let's beat 'um a couple more times and see how nice the are down there in 2020. Guessing they still will be pretty nice. Mainly because we aren't a "close" rival but would sure like to find out.
I mean 3-2 the last five years, 4-2 has a nice ring to it.

I mean 3-2 the last five years, 4-2 has a nice ring to it.

Thought about that myself. Wonder how "nice" that crowd in Lincoln will be if the Gophers get out to a 17+ lead.

Though again, would like to find out.

Top Bottom