Nebraska Game

Hotels at this point might be hard to come by, or expensive. The Haymarket area is hopping on Friday and Saturday and is close to the stadium. You can try staying at hotels away from downtown and Uber down for the game. Or check Airbnb - which is what we're doing. We always get tickets through the Gophers so we are sitting in the "Gophers" section, even if it means sitting in the jetstream (last row of the endzone).

The Haymarket area downtown, near campus, is definitely where the action is for bars, restaurants. I've had only good experiences at games there, but then I'm close enough to drive home. My guess is that motels, hotels are hiked up for home game weekends as 92,000 people show up. Better reserve early. Stub Hub tickets will be expensive - if you know a Gopher season ticket holder, they can get seats at regular price, pass them on. Omaha is an alternative - loads of motels, hotels, good scene in the Old Market downtown area Saturday nights.

Section 41, which apparently is partially visitor section is where I ended up. Couldn't get 4 seats through gopher office by each other as we waited

wasn't too bad price wise for seats, damn ticket fees though.

Top Bottom