Nebraska Game

GopherfanUpNorth

Reaction score
Looking or some help here. Making a road trip with some buddies for the Nebraska game this year. Looking for some advise with some items.

Is the best option for tickets to go through the Gophersports website? They don't have the exact location of the seats yet on there, but I don't know if it's best to go through that or like Stubhub. Obviously would prefer to go through the Gophers to get the tickets, but just curious to what someone else's experience has been when going to an away game has been when doing that.

Any good insights as to where we should stay down there? Would like to be somewhat close to the stadium and the bar/nightlife areas while still on a budget. Trying to do it fairly cheap but still not have a long drive to our hotel. And any places we need to check out while down there too.

Might be the most hostile fans in the BigTen. I have been to all the venues. Not a pleasant experience. Won’t go back.

Might be the most hostile fans in the BigTen. I have been to all the venues. Not a pleasant experience. Won’t go back.

This is a joke, right? I think the vast majority of Gopher fans who have made the trip have found the Nebraska fans to be excellent hosts.

For the OP--If you get tickets through the gopher ticket office, you'll be by other gopher fans. When I went, I was in a sea of red (which was just fine, really nice people who just loves their Huskers) but when I have gone to other away games, I've really enjoyed sitting in the Gopher visiting sections.

I stay with family, so I can't comment on location, but the bars on Friday night are quite a bit of fun. I wore a Gophers hat and was bought drinks (and not drugged) by Nebraska faithful. Strongly recommend downloading Lyft and Uber. Getting around on gameday can be tough if you're not within walking distance and too inebriated to drive.

You're obviously lying and haven't been to Lincoln.

Husker fans are almost novelty level of nice to away fans. I've been twice, it's easily my favorite Big Ten trip to make.

I've never been there but everything I've heard/read from people that have been there say they are the best fans in the Big Ten when it comes to being hosts.

Hotels at this point might be hard to come by, or expensive. The Haymarket area is hopping on Friday and Saturday and is close to the stadium. You can try staying at hotels away from downtown and Uber down for the game. Or check Airbnb - which is what we're doing. We always get tickets through the Gophers so we are sitting in the "Gophers" section, even if it means sitting in the jetstream (last row of the endzone).

Stubhub or one of the other ticket sites. I plan to stay in Omaha. More choices in hotels and bar/restaurants. Old Market is a cool area in DT Omaha with shops, bars, restaurants. Lincoln is about an hour drive.

I'd highly recommend going the Air BnB route in Lincoln. Much more affordable as the hotels on gameday weekends are crazy overpriced, and it's super easy to get around via Uber/Lyft.

Haymarket area is an absolute blast.

For the OP--If you get tickets through the gopher ticket office, you'll be by other gopher fans. When I went, I was in a sea of red (which was just fine, really nice people who just loves their Huskers) but when I have gone to other away games, I've really enjoyed sitting in the Gopher visiting sections.

I stay with family, so I can't comment on location, but the bars on Friday night are quite a bit of fun. I wore a Gophers hat and was bought drinks (and not drugged) by Nebraska faithful. Strongly recommend downloading Lyft and Uber. Getting around on gameday can be tough if you're not within walking distance and too inebriated to drive.

Great fans, never had issues. Some Nebby fans going to the Neb/Oregon game even bought us a round at Deschutes in Portland last year when we were out there for the Oregon State game.

Great fans, never had issues. Some Nebby fans going to the Neb/Oregon game even bought us a round at Deschutes in Portland last year when we were out there for the Oregon State game.

Yep. I actually went to the Neb/Oregon game. Had a ton of fun partying with those fans before the much more subdued OSU experience.

Yep. I actually went to the Neb/Oregon game. Had a ton of fun partying with those fans before the much more subdued OSU experience.

Yeah, felt like a home game after halftime. I guess the motto for Beaver home games must be "Come late and leave really early!". Our section was all Gophs fans the second half.

Yeah, felt like a home game after halftime. I guess the motto for Beaver home games must be "Come late and leave really early!". Our section was all Gophs fans the second half.

And it was awesome. The random downpour didn't seem to ignite their fan base. Also, if I never hear a chainsaw piped into a stadium at 140 decibels again, I'll be happy with my life.

Side note: most confusing part is that it was a chainsaw, something beavers don't use obviously. They aren't the lumberjacks.

I had the opposite experience, I was treated very nicely. Welcomed at bars and tailgates alike

The only place i've had issue is Wisconsin, and those were minor, but annoying none the less

And it was awesome. The random downpour didn't seem to ignite their fan base. Also, if I never hear a chainsaw piped into a stadium at 140 decibels again, I'll be happy with my life.

Side note: most confusing part is that it was a chainsaw, something beavers don't use obviously. They aren't the lumberjacks.

That did get a little annoying...also the cheer squad simulating starting chainsaws was pretty funny.

Stubhub or one of the other ticket sites. I plan to stay in Omaha. More choices in hotels and bar/restaurants. Old Market is a cool area in DT Omaha with shops, bars, restaurants. Lincoln is about an hour drive.

Traffic back to Omaha is a bitch after the game unless you wait a couple of hours.

I'd highly recommend going the Air BnB route in Lincoln. Much more affordable as the hotels on gameday weekends are crazy overpriced, and it's super easy to get around via Uber/Lyft.

Haymarket area is an absolute blast.

Got a room for $150 a night at a meh hotel that is 1.2 mile barhop from the stadium. Got it early though. Pretty much booked as soon as the schedule got out.

I’ve stay in Omaha and made the flight home the next morning. The only problem is that most of the stadium is heading the same way. The Interstate highway was a parking lot. Got off that and tried the Cornhusker Highway and it was only a little better.

Plan for a long drive back to Omaha immediately after the game.

If you want walking distance from the stadium, I would recommend the Holiday Inn. In the middle of Haymarket Square and it's only a few blocks to the stadium. I would go through the Gophs for tx.

I just bought my tickets through the Gophers. 4 of us heading down. We'll stay in Sioux Falls Thursday night (with family), then finish the drive Friday. Really looking forward to it! Went in 2014 and saw a win, so hoping for a repeat!

Been twice...seated with Gophers through ticket allotment once and sat in new upper deck addition with Huskers and sprinkling of Gophers (the game we won in Lincoln under Coach Kill).

If go again would try to be in that upper deck again. Visitor allotment section was tight as sardines in a can. Much more room in the upper deck. Also, there's escalators to get you to the stratosphere up there. It was like watching the game from the Goodyear Blimp.

Tailgating and fans were great. No issues.

We stayed at the Chase Suites. It was very nice and they had a shuttle to the game. It is now called the Cloverleaf Suites, and is much more expensive than we paid (we paid $72/night in 2014, now it's $254/night min). But it worked out well.

Honestly, there isn't much close to the stadium other than some real high end hotels. There are several inexpensive hotels on the outskirts of town that are reasonable, just Uber. I would also say the fans were awesome. Almost too nice, like I should have expected cyanide in the pitcher of beer one of the fans randomly dropped off at our table. Seriously, it was almost fishy how nice they were.

One of my favorite trips. If you go, I highly recommend Lazlo's for dinner. It's attached to Empyrean Brewing. Awesome food, the best service I've ever gotten at a restaurant. Again, almost too good of service for a bunch of schmuck's in Gopher gear.

I'm trying to debate going way up top but closer to center (608/609) or one of the corner EZ seats

We were in the far end of the top corner rows...right above D'Vondre's strip from the Nebraska player to stop Nebraska's drive at the end. Not sure if those were the EZ seats but being closer to the center is better I think...

I agree. Lazlos is solid. Had a pitcher or two too many there.

You must be a real dick.
Kindest environment I’ve been to and I’ve been to 8/14 in the conference

Top Bottom