Shama: I never have liked references to The Barn...we're not rubes with 8th grade edu

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

I never have liked references to “The Barn.” The building was named after the great Gopher football coach Dr. Henry Williams. Let’s honor Doc. We’re not rubes with eighth grade educations that play basketball in a barn. Students dressed as barnyard animals? Puh-leeze, not classy.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Hold on. Change everything. A guy with a rinky-dink website has a problem with a nickname.

Interesting that anyone with a barn only has an 8th grade education.

I do not care about Doctor Henry Williams. I would rather it formally be called "The Barn" than "Williams Arena".

per Shama:

I never have liked references to “The Barn.” The building was named after the great Gopher football coach Dr. Henry Williams. Let’s honor Doc. We’re not rubes with eighth grade educations that play basketball in a barn. Students dressed as barnyard animals? Puh-leeze, not classy.

Go Gophers!!

Gee Sham, are Michigan footballers convicts who play in the Big House:confused:

per Shama:

Go Gophers!!

Shama O Shama.

Are you serious? Perhaps you don't understand the courage and smarts it takes to operate a successful farm operation these days...that must be the case. Oh, and if your measure is financial, you may want to check the net worth of today's farmer.

I am ok that you don't like the name...but your argument holds no merit.

Lots of people with barns on their land in Minnesota. Most of which are much more intelligent than Shama.

Sorry, my sarcasm didn't translate. I agree 100%. Running a farm is hard and huge business

How stupid to complain about a nickname...Should someone let him know we arent actually Gophers, that's just our mascot?

You know what makes you look like a rube? Getting defensive and being unable to have a laugh about about a nickname.

You know we're desperate for the season to actually start when a Shama tidbit gets to 2 pages as a thread.

That would make a good cheer!

E-I-E-I-Who hates IOWA!

Shama hates students having fun dressed as farm animals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Shama, the barn animals is such a Rube, do those students even pay for their tickets or is the ticket part of the theatrics. If it was students taking time to create original costumes and having fun it would be another issue but as staged as it is it's an insult.

I agree with Shama, the barn animals is such a Rube, do those students even pay for their tickets or is the ticket part of the theatrics. If it was students taking time to create original costumes and having fun it would be another issue but as staged as it is it's an insult.

Yes the students wearing the costume are ticketing buying students... And the costumes are managed by the Barnyard Board, a student run organization.
Sadly that group of students are the small minority that actually care enough to exhibit any form of spirit on a regular basis. Maybe a string of sustained success in the near future will create additional grassroots enthusiasm so that the costumed animals don't look so theatrical for you.

My tickets are on the 30 yd line. Would u object too strenuously if I show up dressed like Mr Greenjeans:confused:

My tickets are on the 30 yd line. Would u object too strenuously if I show up dressed like Mr Greenjeans:confused:

It should be OK, there are so many people at the football games you may not even stand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the students wearing the costume are ticketing buying students... And the costumes are managed by the Barnyard Board, a student run organization.
Sadly that group of students are the small minority that actually care enough to exhibit any form of spirit on a regular basis. Maybe a string of sustained success in the near future will create additional grassroots enthusiasm so that the costumed animals don't look so theatrical for you.

If there is one thing that annoys me, it is college kids who are enthusiastic fans of the college that they go, especially when it's the Gophers. It's just so annoying.

per Shama:

Go Gophers!!

Mooooo You Shama! You are stepping on cow manure on this one.

I had no knowledge of this. Does anybody know the maximum amount of students who could do this? The announcers always think this is great. I do too! He Haw!

I only bin thru the 8th grade meself sos I doin known too much ‘bout this but I do thank hav’in a barnyard full of animals is a Good thang. Don’t y’all:confused:

Top Bottom