Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

That was 14-year-old Tre Holloman, the Cretin-Derham Hall freshman who will be nationally sought in basketball, in his varsity football debut Friday night returning an interception 99 yards for a touchdown in the Raiders’ 38-14 victory over Mounds View.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/09/0...igh-value-qbs/

Go Gophers!!

Gophers offered him today.

Quote Originally Posted by fraternity2017 View Post
    Gophers offered him today.
    About time. You would have offered him 6 weeks ago! Huge difference

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

About time. You would have offered him 6 weeks ago! Huge difference
    This is the youngest recruit he's ever offered. He did exactly what I wanted him to do. If you aren't a perennial winner or blue blood you need to be as aggressive as possible with recruiting. You need to build and foster relationships as early and often as possible and that's what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by fraternity2017 View Post
    This is the youngest recruit he's ever offered. He did exactly what I wanted him to do. If you aren't a perennial winner or blue blood you need to be as aggressive as possible with recruiting. You need to build and foster relationships as early and often as possible and that's what he's doing.
    I agree, I see absolutely no downside to offering this type of recruit early. Holloman will absolutely be a top 25 player nationally and being his first offer can only help our efforts to land him.

“There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat. Well, I don’t cheat. And although I like to think we have some pretty smart people here in this room, it sure is a hell of lot easier to just be first.”

— Margin Call

Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post

I'm not sure what is my favorite part of this. That his Mom went to the U and she seems very excited the Gophers offered OR her # (#SorrySallieMae) That is hysterical.

per Shooter:

Most defensive high school football players go their entire career without a touchdown. Cretin-Derham Hall freshman free safety Tre Holloman, 14, who’s a better basketball player than football, had two TDs in his first three varsity games.

Last week, Gophers basketball coach Richard Pitino offered Holloman a tender.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/06/3193872/

Go Gophers!!

Hope we have a big year and Pitino clearly establishes himself this year as the long term coach because if he does, we have a real shot at landing the best talent in the state the next few years.

Kids love IW and the Jelly Fam. Hopefully Holloman is one of them.

per Shooter:

Tre Holloman, 14, the Cretin-Derham Hall basketball freshman, is regarded among the country’s top point guards for the 2022 class. Officials at USA Basketball are big on Holloman’s future.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/11/1...rth-conquests/

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

That was Texas’ Shaka Smart among coaches watching Cretin-Derham Hall freshman point guard Tre Holloman, who turns 15 on Sunday, score 13 points with 10 rebounds, seven assists, four steals and a blocked shot in last weekend’s Breakdown tournament. Holloman had double-doubles in his first two games this season.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/0...over-seahawks/

Go Gophers!!