How many wins this season (excluding bowl game)?

How many wins this season (excluding bowl game)

• Less than 5

Votes: 9 6.8%

Votes: 22 16.7%

Votes: 37 28.0%

Votes: 35 26.5%

Votes: 17 12.9%

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • More than 9

Votes: 8 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I'd like to see seven. Win the non con matchups, beat a Maryland that won't have it's coach, beat Purdue and Indiana at home and Illini on the road. Throw in Iowa or Nebraska for good measure and we can afford to drop one of these games

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'd like to see seven. Win the non con matchups, beat a Maryland that won't have it's coach, beat Purdue and Indiana at home and Illini on the road. Throw in Iowa or Nebraska for good measure and we can afford to drop one of these games

Maryland will be interesting. Could see them down because of the coaching thing, or could see them fire up because of it and rally around a new coach (if it comes to that). They have Texas at FedEx in week 1 and Temple at home the week before playing us. Could see them anywhere from 1-2 to 3-0 heading into our game.

5 or less would be a disaster. I think 7 is a reasonable prediction, and id be ok (but certainly not thrilled) if that is where we land.

That's true I assume Durkin judgement day will be a few weeks out before we play them, that new coach shine should be gone by then. I also think Nebraska will struggle this year, but they won't be down for long, as good of a time as any to win in Lincoln. Iowa for homecoming will be a battle as well.

As of the 20th vote, the average expected number of wins by the voters so far is 6.55. (I used 4 wins for "Less than 5")

Could be right on the money ...

8/30 NMSU Minnesota gives 10.5
9/8 FSU Minnesota gives 1
9/15 Miami Ohio Minnesota gives 5

9/22 Minnesota Maryland gives 1.5
10/6 Iowa Minnesota gets 1
10/13 Minnesota Ohio State gets 27

10/20 Minnesota Nebraska gets 2.5
10/26 Indiana Minnesota gives 2
11/3 Minnesota Illinois gives 9.5

11/10 Purdue Minnesota gives 1
11/17 Northwest Minnesota gets 2
11/24 Minnesota Wisconsin gets 19.5

Like any good coach, I like to split the season into quarters.
First quarter we should be 2-1 or 3-0

Second quarter we could go 0-3, 1-2, or 2-1.

Third Quarters we could go 1-2, 2-1, or 3-0

Fourth quarter looks like 1-2, maybe 0-3, but if surprisingly good, maybe 2-1.

Worst case should be 4-8.
Best case could be 9-3 or 10-2 if things went really great.

I see six wins as doable and very likely considering the match-ups this year. Certainly a possibility of something not going our way and ending at 5-7 or snatching another win from the schedule and getting to seven wins.

5 or less would be a disaster. I think 7 is a reasonable prediction, and id be ok (but certainly not thrilled) if that is where we land.

Brace yourself. If we can block up front and run the ball then we could win 6 or 7. If we have to pass, 3 wins.

Brace yourself. If we can block up front and run the ball then we could win 6 or 7. If we have to pass, 3 wins.

I think we'll be a lot better passing this year then last. In fact, I don't think we'll see another team under Fleck look so awful. That said, I picked 5 wins...

Just what we needed another prediction forum. Please no more. 8 polls is enough.

You picked a helluva year to make a stance on Wisconsin.
They might be the Big Ten's best shot at CFP this year.

All the more meaningful when we beat them. Get the axe, embarrass sconnie out of the play off talks.

At 73 votes it looks like 81% of Gopherhole voters believe MN will be headed to a bowl game this year and over half believe the team will win 7 or more regular season games. Seems a little more optimistic then what we read on here. I like it.

At 73 votes it looks like 81% of Gopherhole voters believe MN will be headed to a bowl game this year and over half believe the team will win 7 or more regular season games. Seems a little more optimistic then what we read on here. I like it.

For the record I always vote silly things when I see a poll...

After last year, I would be thrilled with 7 wins. And, I agree that 7 is a reasonable prediction.

Of course we are going to have to pass. The questions are "how often?" and "how successfully?" Last year the team averaged about 19 passing attempts per game and completed 47%. Opponents averaged about 28 passing attempts per game and completed slightly over 63% against us. If we throw 20 times per game but complete 12 and lower the opponents' completion rate a bit we should be significantly better.

Now 91 votes are the average expected regular season win total by the voters is at 6.658 wins.

I think this is going to be very accurate. Will be very happy with a 7-6 overall season including a low level bowl victory. That's a significant season to build on.

5 wins, maybe 6. At least there will be a little 'will-they-make-a-bowl?' buzz. Otherwise a throwaway season as everyone knows this season's win total just doesn't matter. Gophers WILL BE B10 WEST CHAMPS IN 2019!!!!

*Nerd alert*

Pretty cool that the votes thus far (103 currently) are very normally distributed with a mean of 6.5 wins.

5 wins, maybe 6. At least there will be a little 'will-they-make-a-bowl?' buzz. Otherwise a throwaway season as everyone knows this season's win total just doesn't matter. Gophers WILL BE B10 WEST CHAMPS IN 2019!!!!
Tell that to the Seniors, win totals always matter

3 wins this season. We're basically playing the JV squad against the other B1G teams. We're just too young to expect many wins. Kick back and look to see growth, but don't expect wins.

Top Bottom