Minnesota AD overwhelmed by Gophers players response to new practice field

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Olson:

Golden Gophers players are excited to play on the same turf outside that they play on in their indoor practice facility. They wanted to make sure AD Mark Coyle knew just how much they appreciated the upgrade, so they presented the athletic director with hand-written thank you notes for installing the outdoor Field Turf.

“It’s pretty cool,” Coyle told Andy Greder of the Pioneer Press. “I’ve been an AD for seven years and I’ve never gotten a thank-you note from a student-athlete saying thank you for a new practice field.”

It’s not the only sincere gesture P.J. Fleck’s squad has made. Coyle revealed the Gophers sent an oar to the Washington State Cougars after learning of the suicide of Wazzu QB Tyler Hilinski.

https://saturdaytradition.com/minne...-gophers-players-response-new-practice-field/

Go Gophers!!

Of course he is, he undersold the **** out of it when it opened. I remember some of the Eagles players who went to Bama and other SEC schools commented on how it was the nicest facility they'd been in. We have new facilities, a newish stadium, a coach who can recruit better than his predecessors, not sure on the ability coach, but better pieces on the chess board can hide those issues, the excuses should be gone for this program, get to a bowl game this year and build off of that

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Of course he is, he undersold the **** out of it when it opened. I remember some of the Eagles players who went to Bama and other SEC schools commented on how it was the nicest facility they'd been in. We have new facilities, a newish stadium, a coach who can recruit better than his predecessors, not sure on the ability coach, but better pieces on the chess board can hide those issues, the excuses should be gone for this program, get to a bowl game this year and build off of that

Yes sir! Agree 100%

The PioPress article (if you click the cited link in the OP link) also mentions that Dickson (OT) is a candidate to redshirt this year. Fleck has said this before, pretty sure he's wanting him to replace Greene on the left side for the next two seasons.

The PioPress article (if you click the cited link in the OP link) also mentions that Dickson (OT) is a candidate to redshirt this year. Fleck has said this before, pretty sure he's wanting him to replace Greene on the left side for the next two seasons.

That would be a nice transition. If Greene stays healthy this year he should be pretty good.

Have to agree.

Agreed. The B1G schools have great facilities across the board (athletics to academics) and Minnesota has been working its ass off to climb that ladder. Hopefully it pays off in wins on and off the field :)

Top Bottom