PJ Fleck on Sports Huddle 8-12-18

LOL... built a curriculum... he is so full of crap, and you’re rowing in it with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe take a breather and sit this one out. You sound like you’re hyperventilating at the keyboard. It’s ok to change the channel if you don’t like the show.

No, I’m not. It’s just another of his lies, like the most wins in a first season. He was never a sixth grade teacher, yet he continues to say that. He has no idea what it’s like to be a sixth grade teacher.

SETTLE-THE-F-DOWN.gif

No, I’m not. It’s just another of his lies, like the most wins in a first season. He was never a sixth grade teacher, yet he continues to say that. He has no idea what it’s like to be a sixth grade teacher.

You are so full of crap. PJ graduated from UNI in 2003 and he was signed as a free agent by SF after the 2004 draft. He was a sixth grade social studies teacher in DeKalb, Illinois during the 2003-2004 school year. It may only have been for a few weeks, but he was indeed a teacher. There are many references to the fact, here is just one where they talk about wearing togas in his class:
https://www.si.com/college-football/2015/02/05/pj-fleck-western-michigan-recruiting

Now, I expect you to admit you were wrong, or prove that I am wrong!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are so full of crap. PJ graduated from UNI in 2003 and he was signed as a free agent by SF after the 2004 draft. He was a sixth grade social studies teacher in DeKalb, Illinois during the 2003-2004 school year. It may only have been for a few weeks, but he was indeed a teacher. There are many references to the fact, here is just one where they talk about wearing togas in his class:
https://www.si.com/college-football/2015/02/05/pj-fleck-western-michigan-recruiting

Now, I expect you to admit you were wrong, or prove that I am wrong!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was Year Zero for DeKalb Junior High. Those kids barely even knew what a nekton was.

Which begs the question, if it all happened in Year Zero, did it ever really happen at all?

LOL... built a curriculum... he is so full of crap, and you’re rowing in it with him.

I'm simply saying he was a teacher like he said he was. (And it appears he was in Dekalb, IL for a week or two... or whatever).

I'm not sure what other aspects you want to argue.

Do you want me to say he wasn't a teacher?
I didn't say he was tenured or anything.

They used "new to the program" as the qualifier when it was first used to give him a "first".

Well.....Gutey won 6 games in year zero and year 1. Stop trying so hard to make PJ seem better.

Winning is a state of mind and 15 extra practices apparently don’t matter to a young football team so just focus on the process, recruit “better”, and see what happens. PJ has demonstrated holding scholarships for feel good videos is more important than filling his depleted, dilapidated roster. That doing things “the right way” can change from year to year. That words mean whatever you want them to and results are perpetually off in the distance.

He doesn’t need Gopher Football’s help to make more stuff up.

I’d also add he’s the first coach in recent times that took over a team that had a winning record the year before. The closest prior to his ascension was Brewster after Mason’s final season at 6-7.

Like a lot of what he says, it’s not always quite telling the whole story.

Well.....Gutey won 6 games in year zero and year 1. Stop trying so hard to make PJ seem better.

Winning is a state of mind and 15 extra practices apparently don’t matter to a young football team so just focus on the process, recruit “better”, and see what happens. PJ has demonstrated holding scholarships for feel good videos is more important than filling his depleted, dilapidated roster. That doing things “the right way” can change from year to year. That words mean whatever you want them to and results are perpetually off in the distance.

I’d also add he’s the first coach in recent times that took over a team that had a winning record the year before. The closest prior to his ascension was Brewster after Mason’s final season at 6-7.

Yeah, pretty much what I said at the time...they are trying too hard with that qualifier.

Yeah, pretty much what I said at the time...they are trying too hard with that qualifier.

So did PJ trash last year on purpose or are we seeing the return of Brew Light? My fear is this guy Brew part 2. great recruiter but total garbage when he doesn’t have the best athletes on the field. Great coaches win with less talent - some of the time but that was never going to happen with Brewster. Last year was stupid Brew-like. Im signing off for today due to gopher football induced misery.

Technically PJ is correct. Check Gutey’s record. His first year is listed as 1-0 as he coached the bowl game after the “cheater” bolted for ND.

Technically PJ is correct. Check Gutey’s record. His first year is listed as 1-0 as he coached the bowl game after the “cheater” bolted for ND.
Technically that was year zero for Gutey, Pete. Fleck certainly has the best year zero record of all time. [emoji41]

If you want to get technical, Fleck said first year staff (which is weird, I thought last year was year zero, so maybe he will win more than 6 games this year and then it will be true?). Gutey was the interim coach for the Independence Bowl, and was coaching with remnants of Lou Holtz' staff. He wasn't the head coach and didn't have his staff together until the next season, which actually was a 6 win season.

In the end, it's pointless. Fleck won 5 games in his first season. Period. Wishing him to be something he isn't/wasn't won't make it so. Living on technicalities seems like a huge stretch for "one of the hottest young coaches out there" to me, but the wonder and ability of PJ Fleck to be the answer to every question seems to know no bounds. Still trying to figure out how football was even a thing before Fleck invented it.

Last edited:

Huh? He signed as many players as he could the last two years. He could not have added another player under NCAA rules. How was he going to fill the roster when he can't sign anyone???

Huh? He signed as many players as he could the last two years. He could not have added another player under NCAA rules. How was he going to fill the roster when he can't sign anyone???

After reading that and first thinking "What!"? Thought it was the most blatant shot at P.J. and his recruits ever!

Than re-read it and yeah, it now seems more reasonable. ;)

I'm simply saying he was a teacher like he said he was. (And it appears he was in Dekalb, IL for a week or two... or whatever).

I'm not sure what other aspects you want to argue.

Do you want me to say he wasn't a teacher?
I didn't say he was tenured or anything.

He had a full career. Amazing teacher who built a program, personalizing learning and building a curriculum in a matter of 2-3 weeks. He’s an amazing educator with lessons for all of us.

Im signing off for today due to gopher football induced misery.

My man, I kind of pity you. What kind of psychological rubble must you be when the season hasn't even started and you've admitted to wallowing in misery?

Top Bottom