Tony Poljan

btowngopher

Reaction score
If memories serves me right Poljan decommitted after the staff went after and got Demry Croft. After decommitting Poljan picked up offers from Nebraska and Michigan State before signing with Central Michigan. It looks like he will be starting for them this season as redshirt sophomore. It will be interesting to see how he does this year.

Believe he was offered by Nebby and msu at either te or de.

One of those guys the staff loved because they could turn him into a tight end if he didn’t work out at QB

He was in the 16 class where they took Seth Green and Mark Williams

If memories serves me right Poljan decommitted after the staff went after and got Demry Croft. After decommitting Poljan picked up offers from Nebraska and Michigan State before signing with Central Michigan. It looks like he will be starting for them this season as redshirt sophomore. It will be interesting to see how he does this year.

Great, more qb gaffs.

Demry was our class of 2015 QB recruit.

Poljan was our class of 2016 QB recruit when Kill was still HC. When Kill stepped down and Claeys became HC, they decided to part ways with Poljan. Not sure if that was before or after Claeys hired Jay Johnson at OC but then Jay Johnson/Claeys brought in Seth Green and Mark Williams at QB. Poljan also didn't have as good of a season as he did the previous year which was part of the reason Claeys parted ways with him. MSU and Nebraska then offered him as a TE/DE but CMU offered as a QB.

I would have definitely taken Green and Poljan as our two 2016 QB's over Green and Williams at the time and still would now. Green and Poljan both at least have an elite size/athleticism combo even if they can/can't play QB. Mark Williams is a decent athlete but doesn't have the overall size/speed of the other two.

There probably is a roster spot for him, but he'd be the third string QB or would be at a different position.

It'd be nice to have him as a 2nd/3rd string guy so Annexstad could RS if that's what makes sense. It'd be nice to realistically have that option. As of now, anytime Morgan has to come out of the game it's probably going to be Annexstad going in unless it's just for a down. (Assuming Morgan wins the job - if Annexstad does it's a moot point, other than it'd still be nice to have an actual 3rd string QB rather than a TE you're putting in if there's an emergency).

I'm just assuming if Annexstad is the backup he will have to come in more than four times between injury (hopefully minor), ineffectiveness and/or blowout.

Last edited:

It'd be nice to have him as a 2nd/3rd string guy so Annexstad could RS if that's what makes sense. It'd be nice to realistically have that option. As of now, anytime Morgan has to come out of the game it's probably going to be Annexstad going in unless it's just for a down. (Assuming Morgan wins the job - if Annexstad does it's a moot point, other than it'd still be nice to have an actual 3rd string QB rather than a TE you're putting in if there's an emergency).

I'm just assuming if Annexstad is the backup he will have to come in more than four times between injury (hopefully minor), ineffectiveness and/or blowout.

Fleck can play both with no worry this year. He has two more QB's coming next year. They don't necessarily need three freshmen next year.

Kids lookin pretty good as CMU looks to upset Kentucky.

Former Gophers commit under Kill just announced he will grad transfer. @JReidNFL on twitter said he should get lots of Power 5 interest. Started a few games at QB before switching to TE and put up some nice numbers last year (33 rec, 500 yds, 4 td). Interested to see where he lands.

That's pretty ironic that he misspelled the word "careful".

You can never accuse Kill of not having a prototypical QB he liked (large, athletic, questionable arm). Since he had that good one at NIU, he just couldn't find another one that panned out.

You can never accuse Kill of not having a prototypical QB he liked (large, athletic, questionable arm). Since he had that good one at NIU, he just couldn't find another one that panned out.

Yeah this kid was like a spitting image of Leidner. I think I kind of remember him being recruited as a QB, but wouldn't necessarily stick at that position.

Good luck to him

Yeah this kid was like a spitting image of Leidner. I think I kind of remember him being recruited as a QB, but wouldn't necessarily stick at that position.

Good luck to him
I'm going to guess he went to Centeral Michigan because they said he'd get a shot at QB and Neb and everyone else were more up front about "you're probably going to play at TE".

He also had a bad habit of sticking with the wrong ones.

Good for him. Hope nothing but the best for him. Great education hopefully, and all the success he can garner.

Top Bottom