Big Changes At 1500 ESPN

Does anyone know if ESPN cut ties with 1500?

I noticed Courtney Cronin (ESPN beat writer who covers Vikings) made her debut on PA's show a few weeks ago and has since been on several times. Now today, Kevin Seifert is making his return to Dan Barreiro's show. He was a frequent former guest on Barreiro's show until the ESPN deal with 1500 KSTP a few years ago.

There must have been some deal in place to prevent the ESPN talent from appearing on KFAN, which makes me think that ESPN and 1500 might be cutting ties?

I think you are on to something.

Does anyone know if ESPN cut ties with 1500?

I noticed Courtney Cronin (ESPN beat writer who covers Vikings) made her debut on PA's show a few weeks ago and has since been on several times. Now today, Kevin Seifert is making his return to Dan Barreiro's show. He was a frequent former guest on Barreiro's show until the ESPN deal with 1500 KSTP a few years ago.

There must have been some deal in place to prevent the ESPN talent from appearing on KFAN, which makes me think that ESPN and 1500 might be cutting ties?

I think you're right. Also, I think I heard Mackey say they would announce some changes AFTER the football season. So I'm assuming things are in limbo at best.

I think you're right. Also, I think I heard Mackey say they would announce some changes AFTER the football season. So I'm assuming things are in limbo at best.

When I tweeted a response to JG about Kevin & Courtney appearing on the fan, this was the response:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Obviously this disproves nothing, but the web address for the station is still 1500espn.com, at the moment

Obviously this disproves nothing, but the web address for the station is still 1500espn.com, at the moment

The contract with ESPN started in February of 2010.
So assuming annual deals recently, 1500 could kick ESPN to the curb around then.

At that point they'll change it from ESPN1500 to JUDD1500.

I can't handle Judd anymore. I'm more or less venting here but he doesn't have great sports knowledge outside of hockey and he also is not good at radio. So much rambling, so many filler words, can't drive a conversation, can't ask good questions, consistently tells the listener what they already know.

Every time I hear Judd say "My point is _____" I want to turn off the radio. It's a huge verbal crutch for him and it annoys the bejesus out of me ever since I noticed it.

Actually Judd ends his statements "is this" as if he is the expert talking to his students. When he has guests and asks them a question, he first says, I think this.... as if he wants them to justify his superior thinking. I love when he has Nanne on and tries this and Nanne says "No ...." That puts him in his place. He is totally one dimensional. He knows nothing beyond sports. As PA would say a total rube.

I enjoy Judd

Actually Judd ends his statements "is this" as if he is the expert talking to his students. When he has guests and asks them a question, he first says, I think this.... as if he wants them to justify his superior thinking. I love when he has Nanne on and tries this and Nanne says "No ...." That puts him in his place. He is totally one dimensional. He knows nothing beyond sports. As PA would say a total rube.

I enjoy Judd Zulgad. He shares his spirited opinion on most sports. My suggestion to you is if you don't like him, don't listen to him.

Despite some ignorance /stupidity I preferred 1500 in the afternoon to the unlistenable common man show. Now it's that or espn non-local stuff. I would much rather listen to local stuff than the national espn stuff they have on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy Judd Zulgad. He shares his spirited opinion on most sports. My suggestion to you is if you don't like him, don't listen to him.
I'm going to accept your advice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom