Video of Bailey Schoenfelder Receiving a Scholarship

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Another really cool way for Fleck to reward a walk on with a scholarship.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Chills, straight chills.

Go Gophers!!

Agree, I'm a total sucker for this stuff, gets me every time. Congrats to Bailey!

Side note: the production quality of this stuff is kind of unbelievably good, cameras in the plane, audio of the jumpers saying row the boat on the way out of the plane, just nuts.

Go Gophers!!

Nobody does this better than Fleck

Congratulations Bailey! You made everyone proud of your accomplishments.

This is just objectively great marketing for the program. Good for everyone involved.

Great stuff. Well deserved. Elite hair as well, how did he not make the All-hair team? Chad Greenway's cousin.

For those that don't know the back story, Bailey tried to join several branches of the Armed Forces out of HS but was denied due to hearing loss.

For those that don't know the back story, Bailey tried to join several branches of the Armed Forces out of HS but was denied due to hearing loss.

Didn't know that. In a sense its too bad that you can't place these type of people in positions where you aren't jeopardizing people in the field.

Didn't know that. In a sense its too bad that you can't place these type of people in positions where you aren't jeopardizing people in the field.

I hear ya, but I think the issue might be that you largely don't get to pick where you end up and having someone who can't do x,y,z ... then shifts manpower issues around if you have a lot of people like that.

Just a guess on my part.

An on-field party with teammates soon followed before Fleck told the team about Schoenfelder's military aspirations out of high school. The redshirt sophomore tried to enlist, but was turned away due to a minor hearing issue that was a result of working with machinery and around other loud noises growing up in Huron, which is about a 13,000-person town five hours west of the Twin Cities.

https://gophersports.com/news/2018/8/10/football-elite-access-scholarship-drops-into-schoenfelders-hands.aspx

I really thought I would hate all the Fleckisms and rah rah blah blah...and I pretty much do. But he is a class act, the kids seem to love him and the way he runs the team and these videos get my chili hot as heck...GoGophers!

I hear ya, but I think the issue might be that you largely don't get to pick where you end up and having someone who can't do x,y,z ... then shifts manpower issues around if you have a lot of people like that.

Just a guess on my part.

Was that a pun?

Have to admit Fleck is good at this type of stuff. Plenty of creativity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The players seem to enjoy every bit of this preseason.

Fleck seems to be a master motivator and leader. From everything I see and read, he's got the kids oozing enthusiasm, respect, and love for one another and for life in general. I couldn't be prouder to be a fan right now! Especially after reading about the crap going on at Maryland, it's pretty refreshing to see stuff like this. Of course, 8 or 9 wins would be nice as well, but Fleck has earned a really long rope in my opinion.

He treats PWOs just like the rest of the scholie players. He rewards hard work and determination. It seems like he rewards scholies to a couple PWO players each season which bodes well for the program. The Gophers PWO commitment last season was outstanding with Zach Annexstad being the cherry topping on a sundae.

That was frickin awesome!!! I got chills and got jacked up makes me want to be the wedge buster on kickoff coverage.

Fleck seems to be a master motivator and leader. From everything I see and read, he's got the kids oozing enthusiasm, respect, and love for one another and for life in general. I couldn't be prouder to be a fan right now! Especially after reading about the crap going on at Maryland, it's pretty refreshing to see stuff like this. Of course, 8 or 9 wins would be nice as well, but Fleck has earned a really long rope in my opinion.

It's nice to not be the team getting media coverage for the wrong reasons.

Recent media we've gotten for off the field has been players getting scholarships, players giving back, and strong academics.
Now hopefully wins will follow in the coming years.

Have to admit Fleck is good at this type of stuff. Plenty of creativity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is indeed a showman. I hope that it translates into good play on the field. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom