All Things David Roddy Recruitment Thread - Class of 2019 (Gophers Offered)

Obviously legalized marijuana played a major factor in this decision.

Happy for him! Although this pretty much confirms that he didn't have commitable offers from NW or MN.

Not shocked, very few Breck kids go to the in-State schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy for him! Although this pretty much confirms that he didn't have commitable offers from NW or MN.

Or he saw playing time out there that he didn't see in the B1G. Looks like a good decision for him on a basketball level if not education. He will get plenty of minutes in the Mountain West.

I wanted him to be a Gopher but he definitely will get more court time elsewhere.

Awesome choice for him, beautiful place and the Thorson connection paid off.

No sour grapes here...didn't care for the original offer. Best of luck to him although I thought NW was his best option.

Congrats to him, Colorado is a beautiful state. Not a huge loss to UM in the grand scheme of things though.

Or he saw playing time out there that he didn't see in the B1G. Looks like a good decision for him on a basketball level if not education. He will get plenty of minutes in the Mountain West.

Very true, but I have to believe that MN and NW were slow playing him a bit. Hard to imagine him passing up the academics at NW, but who knows. Good luck to him, seems like a good kid and I'm sure he will be a good 4 year player at a Mid Major.

Or maybe he just preferred Colorado St.

The Gophers would have taken him if he committed to them. So yes, his U offer was committable.

Apologize for the bump...but as I fill in my bracket I find myself cheering for CSU and David Roddy/Niko Medved. Excited to watch them play Michigan on Thursday.

If you are looking for some entertainment, go back and read this thread from the beginning. Roddy was picked POY in the Mountain West after averaging 20 pts/8 reb/3 ast/1 blk and made 1.5 3P/game at a 46% clip. I haven't watched any of their games this season but will be curious to see how he has transformed his game. Looks like he made the right choice for him to go to Fort Collins.

Apologize for the bump...but as I fill in my bracket I find myself cheering for CSU and David Roddy/Niko Medved. Excited to watch them play Michigan on Thursday.

If you are looking for some entertainment, go back and read this thread from the beginning. Roddy was picked POY in the Mountain West after averaging 20 pts/8 reb/3 ast/1 blk and made 1.5 3P/game at a 46% clip. I haven't watched any of their games this season but will be curious to see how he has transformed his game. Looks like he made the right choice for him to go to Fort Collins.
Thank you, that was a great read! Michigan may be the 11th seed but they are favored in Vegas

Thank you, that was a great read! Michigan may be the 11th seed but they are favored in Vegas
Yeah I tend to pick teams that are fun to watch and root for. I'm prob gonna lose anyways so might as well go out on a limb! Maybe they will be my darling this year.

General Mills. NIL. Make it happen. Dude would sell a lot of fricken Wheaties.

General Mills. NIL. Make it happen. Dude would sell a lot of fricken Wheaties.
Yeah, again, college athletes are mostly going to be known and adored by local, provincial interests and fans. That's the nature of college teams.

National marketing needs nationally recognizable and marketable folks. Like Olympians.

Top Bottom