Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WF asst coach charged with killing NY tourist

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wake-fo...225423988.html

Terrible situation all the way around.

Blog Entries

Default Really bad things can happen when you're drunk

My thoughts:

If you're so inclined, follow me on Twitter @Fieldof68Freak

This is starting to look like a stand your ground case though I admit to not knowing the laws about this in NY. I would feel like Szabo was a threat if I was in this situation.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    This is starting to look like a stand your ground case though I admit to not knowing the laws about this in NY. I would feel like Szabo was a threat if I was in this situation.
    Not according to this report: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wake-fo...-sandor-szabo/

A rising college basketball coaching star was accused of throwing a punch that killed a New York City tourist who had apparently mistaken the coach for an Uber driver. Wake Forest University assistant coach Jamill Jones pleaded not guilty Thursday to an assault charge.

Jones attacked digital marketing guru Sandor Szabo around 1:15 a.m. last Sunday in Queens, police said. Szabo fell and smashed his head on the sidewalk.

Szabo, visiting from Boca Raton, Florida, banged on the window of Jones' SUV while looking for his ride after his stepsister's wedding, police said. The coach got out, followed Szabo to the sidewalk, clocked him and sped off, police said.

Szabo never regained consciousness and was taken off life support Tuesday. Josh Gillon, the CEO of the company where Szabo worked, told WABC-TV Szabo's co-workers were shocked by his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    Agree. I think it is an inherent American right to be able to punch somebody in the face, and hard! for knocking on one's car window. Write this into statutes asap.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    Agree. I think it is an inherent American right to be able to punch somebody in the face, and hard! for knocking on one's car window. Write this into statutes asap.
    Yeah Iam sure he politely knocked lol, he was drunk. Guy deserved to get knocked out. As Drago would say if he dies, he dies.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Yeah Iam sure he politely knocked lol, he was drunk. Guy deserved to get knocked out. As Drago would say if he dies, he dies.

Sure he did. Just like Daquein's girlfriend deserved to get choked out. They both pissed someone off...can't let that go without a sound beating

Sure he did. Just like Daquein's girlfriend deserved to get choked out. They both pissed someone off...can't let that go without a sound beating
    Completely different you ****in jack ass. God damn the **** is the matter with you. MC Neil was the aggressor the dead guy started next time you come at me come correct

Completely different you ****in jack ass. God damn the **** is the matter with you. MC Neil was the aggressor the dead guy started next time you come at me come correct

I wouldn't say he started anything on purpose. He banged on the window trying to find the correct car. Not a smart thing to do but hardly deserves what Jones did to him, even if he didn't die.

How drunk are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easily angered are we

Easily angered are we
    Hey come on now, that **** don't fly in Bemidji, ain't no knokkin' on windows there! In Bemidji, you swing first, ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    My thoughts:

If you're so inclined, follow me on Twitter @Fieldof68Freak
    Are you nuts? There are many ways to handle this type of situation, when your life is not in danger. No way can you justify killing someone. If you choose to hit someone that had, you have to deal with the consequences of the situation. Stand your ground laws are ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same as if he hit on your girlfriend and your name was Nelson...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How does stand your ground even apply here if Jones followed the guy to the sidewalk?