Bill Snyder agrees to new five-year deal with Kansas State

West Fargo Gopher Fan

Section 114 Row 2
Reaction score
Kansas State coach Bill Snyder has agreed to a new five-year deal with the Wildcats that will go through the 2022 season, the school announced Thursday. University officials approved the deal Wednesday.

The 78-year-old Snyder will make $3.45 million this year and will receive $300,000 increases in 2019 and 2020. The figures in the final two years of the deal will be renegotiated later.

Snyder previously had a contract that rolled over every year. According to USA Today, he made just over $3.2 million in 2017.

Snyder has 210 career victories, third-most among active FBS coaches behind Notre Dame's Brian Kelly (219) and Alabama's Nick Saban (218).

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...cats-head-coach-agrees-new-five-year-contract

I thought he was seriously ill. And the U fired Bierman at 56 after only five national titles.

I guess he is doing what he wants to do so it doesn't matter.

I just wonder at 78 what you do with 3.45 mil.... can't save it for much...

I guess he is doing what he wants to do so it doesn't matter.

I just wonder at 78 what you do with 3.45 mil.... can't save it for much...

Put your kid’s kids through school? But I bet they’d get free tuition from K-State as is.

More like put your grand kids and great grand kids through school. :eek:

All about showing program stability to recruits...

I agree with this.

Coaches get extensions ALL the time, which they don't make it to the end. It shows to recruits especially, but everyone, that the program supports the current coach. It doesn't look good to let the contract get to the last year ... that's basically telling the world you're not sure if you want to keep this guy around.

This news hardly means that Synder will be the HC for the next five seasons.

Top Bottom