Video of Gophers finding out they were going to Beyonce/Jay-Z concert

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

This may one of the greatest things I've ever seen!!!!

I love seeing the team having so much fun!

Also loved the Nebraska troll that was hating on this in the comments, boasting about their 4-3 record against MN since joining the B1G.

I love seeing the team having so much fun!

Also loved the Nebraska troll that was hating on this in the comments, boasting about their 4-3 record against MN since joining the B1G.

Yes. I love that he has two replies and one was the score from last years game (54-21) and the other was national titles (7 vs 6)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! I'd like to have been at the concert too!

I would have preferred some Metallica tickets myself :cool:. But cool none-the-less.

I guess I have lost perspective. Watching reruns of the last two games from last year is what I would have done but these days its all in the past and today is a new wonderful day. Everyone gets a ribbon.

I guess I have lost perspective. Watching reruns of the last two games from last year is what I would have done but these days its all in the past and today is a new wonderful day. Everyone gets a ribbon.

Agreed

What are they supposed to do, watch the same two games every night and dwell on how sh!tty they are?? I'd prefer they learn from their mistakes, keep improving, and enjoy time bonding with each other (especially when the coach does something awesome like this and creates the opportunity).

Have you ever had a normal work day and then something awesome happened? Maybe you finally got that cute girl from accountings number, or won 100 dollars on a scratch off, or your wife made you something other than tuna sandwhich. The point is awesome things can breathe a little life into the mundane day in and day out of work. The team worked hard enough for PJ to be pleased, and he bought them concert tickets.

Yeah last year was rough but they've all probably seen the tape a few times. Nothing wrong with some positive reinforcement.

Kids see that video, word gets around, gotta at least investigate playin' for a guy like PJ. Not too many coaches giving their guys experiences like PJ is. Plus, just look at the way he communicates things like this to the players, he does it in such a great way.

Deserved reward for a great fall practice. Ths team will surprise many.

Kids see that video, word gets around, gotta at least investigate playin' for a guy like PJ. Not too many coaches giving their guys experiences like PJ is. Plus, just look at the way he communicates things like this to the players, he does it in such a great way.

Other than say Michigan who goes to Italy or where ever they want ;)

Italy or Beyonce? C'mon. Beyonce all the way!

"That's right, you sit in that corner and you put your nose on that wall and you think about what you've done!"

Have you ever had a normal work day and then something awesome happened? Maybe you finally got that cute girl from accountings number, or won 100 dollars on a scratch off, or your wife made you something other than tuna sandwhich. The point is awesome things can breathe a little life into the mundane day in and day out of work. The team worked hard enough for PJ to be pleased, and he bought them concert tickets.

Yeah last year was rough but they've all probably seen the tape a few times. Nothing wrong with some positive reinforcement.

Thank you. I thought so.

I think it's great and unique. Most college campuses aren't going to be close enough to take in a concert like this. This is an opportunity to break up fall camp, show what is offered in a vibrant city atmosphere and bonds players for life. It really does show off what the Twin Cities offers that other college experiences don't. Kudos to PJ for always keeping the players engaged.

This year's commits are probably reading GH and watching the videos. This is the best PR and thoughtful class act by a coach.

Ya, that would have accomplished a lot. Pretty sure they already know how they played.

I think it's great and unique. Most college campuses aren't going to be close enough to take in a concert like this. This is an opportunity to break up fall camp, show what is offered in a vibrant city atmosphere and bonds players for life. It really does show off what the Twin Cities offers that other college experiences don't. Kudos to PJ for always keeping the players engaged.

My thought as I watched this video was exactly this-how many major D-1 programs can offer a similar experience, where you go to practice or classes and then scoot over to a mega-concert afterwards? U of Washington? USC & UCLA? Miami? Arizona St? Ohio St? U of Texas? We've been hearing for so long the disadvantages of being a college program in a pro city; Fleck is turning that mentality on its head with moves such as this. And while it's our current players who enjoyed the concert, it is every prospective recruit who is being sent this message.

Poor L'il Richard. He has to make sure he topped the gas on his rental return. There is no such concern for PJ Fleck.

Top Bottom