PJ Fleck on KFAN with PA 11:45 8/9

LakerFan

Reaction score
Recap what I can remember. Fleck was very hoarse and said that was equal parts concert singing at the concert and yelling at football practice.

Beyonce concert was a reward for getting entire system implemented in one week. Next three weeks are about mastering the system now that they know it.

Was asked who would lead team in sacks, mentioned Coughlin first but then mentioned almost every D-line player by name as well.

Quarterback are making 400 level mistakes instead of 100 level mistakes, composing themselves like upperclassmen, but nothing replaces game experience.

Talked briefly about North Carolina kids making mistakes and talked about understanding controlling your choices because you can't control consequences

Was asked if the fact that kids are dirt poor makes it understandable. Basically outlined that between Scholarship and cost of living stipend and getting out of college debt free that they can get by on what they are given and live a good life, just can't live like rock stars.

Thanks! You can tell the kids are buying into the culture. That is huge for the second year.

Talked briefly about North Carolina kids making mistakes and talked about understanding controlling your choices because you can't control consequences

Was asked if the fact that kids are dirt poor makes it understandable. Basically outlined that between Scholarship and cost of living stipend and getting out of college debt free that they can get by on what they are given and live a good life, just can't live like rock stars.

I do have some degree of empathy for kids who grow up in poverty and gangs/violence in neighborhoods/high schools. Then coming here in the U environment, can be a big culture shock. We might look at a kid who steals a pair of high-value shoes, or sells a pair of high-value shoes, like "what's wrong with you??", whereas that kid might say "where I come from, you'd do that just to survive, and not think twice about it".

Doesn't excuse it ... but I can understand why it happens.

I do have some degree of empathy for kids who grow up in poverty and gangs/violence in neighborhoods/high schools. Then coming here in the U environment, can be a big culture shock. We might look at a kid who steals a pair of high-value shoes, or sells a pair of high-value shoes, like "what's wrong with you??", whereas that kid might say "where I come from, you'd do that just to survive, and not think twice about it".

I have to agree with this. We don't know and always understand the upbringing of people let alone the the true background of their schools etc. I felt bad about it and hopefully they will learn from it.

Jerry had a quote that for some players the football team is the first healthy family relationship that they've had in their life. That's a hell of a life to deal with before that.

Top Bottom