New Food Items at TCF!

Jared.Hines

Reaction score
Our own Gopher Lady was at TCF Bank Stadium today for the 2018 Season Media Tasting.

Check out the latest post on the GopherHole Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/pg/GopherHoleMN/posts/?ref=page_internal) for the complete album or check out some of the posts on Nadine's twitter account (@nadinebabu). We provided a few photos below as well. Yum!

38774909_10156006756009495_4429807231617204224_n.jpg

38858644_10156006755859495_6593241292937887744_n.jpg

38789913_10156006754329495_1489876261802082304_n.jpg

38751329_10156006751234495_6508984913742528512_n.jpg

38752995_10156006752174495_4089294364600172544_n.jpg

Last edited:

Beer cheese looks like a good option when it is cold.

I'm a bit skeptical as I tired the new stuff at the open end of the field a few times this past year and while it looked good ... the prep and results on game day were highly mixed... sometimes pretty bad.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

per GopherSports:

Fans will notice several changes at TCF Bank Stadium this football season, most notably an infusion of new food and beverage options for the second consecutive year. These changes reflect feedback collected from Gopher fans throughout the past year.

"We are always looking for ways we can create a better game day atmosphere and experience for our fans," said Athletics Director Mark Coyle. "Whether it's through our surveys, our Fan Advisory Board, or talking to people at events on campus and throughout Minnesota, we are actively listening to feedback. Many of these changes are tied directly to what we heard from Gopher fans this past year."

The biggest change for the coming season is the addition of seven new concessionaires serving up everything from modern takes on long-standing stadium fare, to Minnesota twists on other classics. These new options include:
Flat Top: Gourmet burgers baskets
Northern Tacos: Street tacos; gourmet nachos
Uffda!: Minnesota fare (including walleye, poutine, totchos, soup)
The Lotus: Asian fare
Relish: Gourmet hot dogs and brats
Grid Iron Wings: Chicken wings
Scoop'd: Ice cream; shakes
There will also be more beverage options as TCF Bank Stadium this year. In addition to pouring Minnesota favorites Surly, Schells, Fulton and Summit in the West Plaza, fans will also be able to purchase Finnegans this year. Also new to the West Plaza, as well as Section 141, will be wine from Chankaska Creek Wine, located in Kasota, Minn.

Gopher Athletics' Fan Advisory Board, along with local media and department staff, were among the first to sample the new options during an event on August 8.

These additions come after significantly expanding options on the West Plaza last year, including the local beers mentioned before. Growth on the West Plaza last year saw Curds & Cakes, Jax's Café and Pimento Jamaican Kitchen (now in Section 143) all make their TCF Bank Stadium debuts.

Fans may also notice that the facility has a new logo, a mark that reflects updates to TCF Bank's corporate logo. The new TCF Bank Stadium logo has a sleeker, more modern look than its predecessor. The most visible displays of the new logo are on the stadium's videoboards, including the back of the iconic main videoboard at the open end of the stadium (which showcases the logo all the way down 4th Street SE), as well as on the 25-yard line on both ends of the field.

https://gophersports.com/news/2018/8/8/new-food-choices-headline-changes-to-football-game-day.aspx

Go Gophers!!

Give me the classic TCF armpit dog that you buy in the general concession stands (the hot dog you throw under your armpit to warm it up as you walk back to your seat)!

Give me the classic TCF armpit dog that you buy in the general concession stands (the hot dog you throw under your armpit to warm it up as you walk back to your seat)!

When the Twins moved to Target field they said the only thing people said they should keep was the "dome dog".

I actually liked the dome dogs... they were pretty good as far as hot dogs go.

Very impressed.
Good beer options with Surly, Summit, Schells, Fulton, and Finnegans's represented. 1st quarter a Summit Pils, 2nd quarter Schells Pils, 3rd quarter Fulton Hopstar, End of 3rd a Surly Furious and maybe a Finnegans for my other hand.

delish. way to step up tcf.

So here's my take on the new menu (sorry, was a little rushed last night and didn't get to do a write up) thanks for getting this stuff up, Jared!

- Everything from Lotus was very good - obviously, they Vietnamese food and have been doing this for a long time, but it's always tough making the transition to a stadium. If the food is like it was today, it's a win. I particularly loved the pork egg rolls - they had the thin wrapper and were served on a stick, and the sesame chicken.

- Walleye taco - this is a light, fresh, nice option. Love that there's a healthy option if you don't feel like something really heavy, or for a hot day. It's just baked walleye with the fixings.

- Wings - I tried the parm garlic and BBQ - both were really nice, they were crispy and saucy. They are going to be made to order. Other sauces are Buffalo and Cilantro sweet chili sauce

- Beer Cheese soup - one of my faves - I don't know why, I just really loved this. It wasn't too thick, had a lot of flavor, and had nice garnish on it with popcorn too. I kept comping back and eating bites of this one, and even at room temp was still delish.

- Poutine - I was really skeptical on this one, as it has a nacho cheese sauce on it, but it worked. There was a pot roast with gravy on the fries with fired cheese curds, the sauce and scallions. It didn't look as good as it tasted.

- Walleye and chips basket - this was my least favorite item, perhaps the only thing I didn't really like. The batter was just too thick for me, and the walleye just tasted too fishy. Maybe it was the day, but with so many other great options, I had to prioritize stomach space.

- The "Hot" dog - was HOT - had flaming hot Cheetos on it, siracha, and jalapenos. I'm not a super spicy person (I'm a bad brown person) but it was good, the dog itself was a really good beef, so I'd vouch for the gourmet hot dogs

- I was too full to try the burgers, I heard they were good, but nothing so different that I need to try.

Now the Finale....the Over the Top Gopher Shake. That's exactly what it is, OVER THE TOP. Omg. I'm not even a sweets person, and this shake is the bomb. Creamy, not too sweet, the donuts on it were amazing. I recommended sample sizes which is what we got, but the monster size is only $10 so makes some friends and share it.

Really impressed with the additions. 9 years ago, you pretty much could not eat in the stadium the food was so bad, there wasn't a legit choice, now there are many, kudos to the Gopher food staff for doing this!

Here are the photos on FB: https://www.facebook.com/GopherHole...f_id=1533773950245897&notif_t=comment_mention

Last edited:

Sounds like some good in game improvements at TCF. However, I always recommend a good tailgate in which you fill up and don't have to stand in lines for crappy stadium food.

If the product on the field can't encourage me to go to a game, the food in the concourse certainly won't either. This is garbage food (walleye aside) anyway.

Sounds like some good in game improvements at TCF. However, I always recommend a good tailgate in which you fill up and don't have to stand in lines for crappy stadium food.

The irony of this is that we host a big tailgate, up to 100 people each week that we cook for, there's TONS of food, but I'm hosting, so I never get to eat. I almost need a friend to grab me, make a plate, and lock me in the van, and not let anyone talk to me for 5 minutes so I can eat. Otherwise, by halftime, I'm STARVING. SO it's nice to have some good options now!

That "Hot" Dog is an abomination. The milkshake looks pretty dang good for the price, though.

That "Hot" Dog is an abomination. The milkshake looks pretty dang good for the price, though.

Yeah the hot dog seems kinda low effort on the surface. Maybe it is better in person but it's kinda on a lower level compared to the other stuff when you look at it with everything.

Top Bottom