Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by underground629 View Post
    I'm not sure why you and others have been so overly dramatic about this entire Matz situation. Not a big deal. Glad he's back.
    I agree. Much crap being posted to extend this out to 10 pages. Slow news day I guess.

Blog Entries

When will we hear about the Carr decision?
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    When will we hear about the Carr decision?
    lol when they announce it...it said days to weeks initially

Weird situation all the way around, but at the end of the day, I'm happy he's back, they can use the front court depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Block M View Post
    Welcome back Matz!

I think this is great news and hope everyone sees it for what it is: a hiccup in a young person's life. I am very happy he is back.
    Ah...yes...to me that is the only obvious reaction. I'm a little late to the party on this news, but I don't understand the silly (and protracted) arguments about "who's fault was it?" All's well that ends well.

Blog Entries

It's bad for Pitino in multiple levels.

1). Matz isn't good, even if he is 7 ft tall. Subtraction by re-addition.

2). This means he couldn't get a decent recruit to come here. Not sure how you could take it any other way. Bad sign related to perception of the program by recruits, IMO.

How some people refuse to find fault in anything Pitino does isn't head-scratching. Does anyone actually pay attention to actual results? In what world has this guy earned any benefit of the doubt?
    Last edited by Heracles; 08-13-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracles View Post

2). This means he couldn't get a decent recruit to come here. Not sure how you could take it any other way. Bad sign related to perception of the program by recruits, IMO.

How some people refuse to find fault in anything Pitino does isn't head-scratching. Does anyone actually pay attention to actual results? In what world has this guy earned any benefit of the doubt?
    I thought the opposite, head-scratching that he let him go with the other options recovering from injury and unproven at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracles View Post

First of all, few of us really know how well Matz can contribute here. He could be a total bust or he could be a fairly solid rotation player. At least he's a roster player for a position of need.

Being pleased about Matz's return does not imply that one is a Pitino cheerleader. I give little credit to Pitino for this newest development.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    Heck - if Stockman just gives them 5 pts, 4 rebounds, 1 block, and can just play competent defense for 10-15 minutes a game, that will make a difference on the team. Less need to play Curry heavy minutes at C; allows Oturu to get his feet wet without having to play major minutes right off the bat; and no need to go small and put Murphy in the middle. It changes the whole rotation at C and PF. That, of course, assumes that Stockman is capable of doing that.
    +1

I’ve heard he can dunk.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

During Pitino's interview with Barreiro on KFAN, he mentioned that Matz was out of shape. According to Pitino, Matz was really grinding hard in the classroom trying to graduate and wasn't doing much/any training and has lost weight. He also stated that he was happy they had a scholarship available for Matz because he was a good kid and might have been left without a spot once grad transfer didn't happen. I didn't get the vibe that Pitino expects him to contribute much on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by EG#9 View Post
    During Pitino's interview with Barreiro on KFAN, he mentioned that Matz was out of shape. According to Pitino, Matz was really grinding hard in the classroom trying to graduate and wasn't doing much/any training and has lost weight. He also stated that he was happy they had a scholarship available for Matz because he was a good kid and might have been left without a spot once grad transfer didn't happen. I didn't get the vibe that Pitino expects him to contribute much on the court.
    Goes along with my thoughts that if he plays...something really bad happened.
    Aloha Mr. Hand