Seat Question - New Season Ticket Holder

drakegopher

Reaction score
Lower level 24+ rows up or upper level in the first few rows? Which is the better option?

Any highlights besides Utah at home for the non-conference? Any predictions for those last 5 non-conference games that haven't been announced?

Cheers to all, let's hope we get back on track this season!

Last edited:

Lower level 24+ rows up or upper level in the first few rows? Which is the better option?

Any highlights besides Utah at home for the non-conference? Any predictions for those last 5 non-conference games that haven't been announced?

We had the same choice at the reseat a few years ago. We took rows 2 and 3 upper deck and closer to center court and have not regretted it. If you can do it I would recommend going to the arena and physically sitting in the seat. I assume of course your premium is the same in both areas and that’s it a factor in your decision. We have five tickets in our group so we knew it was a lifetime decision because changing that many is virtually impossible. If you have just a couple you can change if you don’t like them. You’re getting in at the right time.

Choosing seats

I just made that exact decision last week. I had 2 seats in lower level behind basket in Sec. 101, Row 16 (Gophers end). $100 donation seats with chair backs. Seats have suited me well and are close to the action, but slightly obstructed by basket stanchion.

However, I’ve always wanted chairback seats in the first couple rows of the upper deck. There were 2 available in Sec. 213, Row 2 (straight on, not a corner) with same donation price, so I made the switch. I love the look you get from those seats, the way you can see play develop. 1st row would have been most ideal, but none were available.

And if you can, do what Holy Man suggested, physically go take a look from the seats before you make the decision. That’s what I did because I work near Williams Arena.

Last edited:

We've had first row seats in the second deck for years and will never switch. With the overhang at The Barn, those seats feel so close to the game, you feel right on top of the court and you can't beat having no one in front of you.

Go The Barn 2nd Deck Overhang!!

I have to make this decision today. Really depends on what is available when I get to choose.

I have to make this decision today. Really depends on what is available when I get to choose.

101, 16, 18-19 are pretty good seats in the $100 donation realm. Or, if you don't mind one in front of the other, 101, Rows 10-11, Seats #18. Both are along the rail (entry way) onto the court.

101, 16, 18-19 are pretty good seats in the $100 donation realm. Or, if you don't mind one in front of the other, 101, Rows 10-11, Seats #18. Both are along the rail (entry way) onto the court.

Thanks for the advice! I like the row 16 option I think. Currently too much under the overhang.

Tempted to jump to the $250 donation level but not sure I want to spend that much

All the better seats were gone, and even jumping into Zone 2, was only a marginal difference. Would have been more on the corner. In 20-30 years, I'll have good seats due to seniority. I can't wait.

Here's the non-conference slate so far

GOPHERS 2018-19 Schedule
Nov. 6-10: TBD (Vancouver Showcase)
Nov. 12: #58 UTAH (Q2)
Nov. 14-16: TBD (Vancouver Showcase)
Nov. 18 vs. #29 Texas A&M (Q1) (Vancouver Showcase)
Nov. 20 vs. #71 Washington (Q2)/#265 Santa Clara (Q4) (Vancouver Showcase)
Nov. 26: @ #95 Boston College (Q2)
Nov. 30: vs. #90 Oklahoma State (Q2) (Minneapolis)
Dec. 11: #218 NORTH FLORIDA (Q4)
Date TBD: TBD

2018-19 Totals
Quad 1 = 1: vs. Texas A&M
Quad 2 = 3: @ Boston College, vs. Oklahoma State, Utah
Quad 3 = 0
Quad 4 = 1: North Florida
NCAA Qualifiers = 1: Texas A&M

Final 2017-18 Totals
Quad 1 = 4
Quad 2 = 0
Quad 3 = 1
Quad 4 = 8
NCAA Qualifiers = 4: Alabama, @ Arkansas, Miami, @ Providence

GOPHERS 2018-19 Schedule
Nov. 6-10: TBD (Vancouver Showcase)
Nov. 12: #58 UTAH (Q2)
Nov. 14-16: TBD (Vancouver Showcase)
Nov. 18 vs. #29 Texas A&M (Q1) (Vancouver Showcase)
Nov. 20 vs. #71 Washington (Q2)/#265 Santa Clara (Q4) (Vancouver Showcase)
Nov. 26: @ #95 Boston College (Q2)
Nov. 30: vs. #90 Oklahoma State (Q2) (Minneapolis)
Dec. 11: #218 NORTH FLORIDA (Q4)

2018-19 Totals
Quad 1 = 1: vs. Texas A&M
Quad 2 = 3: @ Boston College, vs. Oklahoma State, Utah
Quad 3 = 0
Quad 4 = 1: North Florida
NCAA Qualifiers = 1: Texas A&M

Final 2017-18 Totals
Quad 1 = 4
Quad 2 = 0
Quad 3 = 1
Quad 4 = 8
NCAA Qualifiers = 4: Alabama, @ Arkansas, Miami, @ Providence

Thanks for the breakdown, SelectionSunday!

I ended up in section 217, Row 2. Looking forward to the season and hoping we get a few 2019 recruits in the coming days or weeks.

Thanks for the breakdown, SelectionSunday!

I ended up in section 217, Row 2. Looking forward to the season and hoping we get a few 2019 recruits in the coming days or weeks.

Welcome to 217 Drake. I hope you’re not too tall!

Top Bottom