New floor design at The Barn

by looking at the photos of the new court, it is obvious that the color is shifting in most of the photos. Here is the full court pics with a little luminescence adjustment (decrease the brightness of the red). Note that the scoreboard and orange hazard cones no longer "glow in the dark".

View attachment 5681

I appreciate this post. But for me, the tone/hue/shade (whichever is the technically correct word) is still significantly different between the floor and the seats. I don't think any kind of image adjustment is going to be able to "fix" that. It's really only if you consider that difference to be a "problem" or not. I think it was a mistake, but at the end of the day I neither expect nor will complain if they don't repaint those sections.

Why they just didn't make them the same in the first place, who knows ...

I appreciate this post. But for me, the tone/hue/shade (whichever is the technically correct word) is still significantly different between the floor and the seats. I don't think any kind of image adjustment is going to be able to "fix" that. It's really only if you consider that difference to be a "problem" or not. I think it was a mistake, but at the end of the day I neither expect nor will complain if they don't repaint those sections.

I don’t know if they have that much of choice in the seat color. Could have been more of a “yes we have a maroon color” and the response was “looks better than the blue”. Color matching is not that easy in different materials. For example, thermoformed plastic polyethylene seats can only use a select group of pigments/colorants that can withstand the heat, are compatible with the resin and will resist fading. The paint on the floor would have a much wider color palette. I would suspect that the U was more concerned about getting the color they wanted on the floor than to have it match the seat color. Also, colors look different based upon what color light (sunlight, fluorescent, incandescent,etc) is being used to view them (metamerism).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know if they have that much of choice in the seat color. Could have been more of a “yes we have a maroon color” and the response was “looks better than the blue”. Color matching is not that easy in different materials. For example, thermoformed plastic polyethylene seats can only use a select group of pigments/colorants that can withstand the heat, are compatible with the resin and will resist fading. The paint on the floor would have a much wider color palette. I would suspect that the U was more concerned about getting the color they wanted on the floor than to have it match the seat color.

This is a very good point! Thanks

I am hopeful it looks more maroony in person. Its not a bad court design and I am done nitpicking it. Time to focus on what is going to happen ON that court!

Keep in mind that the seats were put in during the 1993 (?) renovation, and that the color template used is different than it was then, so it's likely not to match due to that, unless they put new seats in as well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Pitino chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Keep in mind that the seats were put in during the 1993 (?) renovation, and that the color template used is different than it was then, so it's likely not to match due to that, unless they put new seats in as well.

Right!

Between your excellent point here, and alchemy2's post above, I withdraw my criticism that the new floor paint color and the seat colors are different shades. Perhaps we can conclude that the seats are actually more like a "Texas A&M maroon". :cool:

Is there something wrong with wolverines or badgers or timberwolves, did not have to be a fish but a muskie devours a gopher. Compensating for what ! A gopher is meek and hides in a hole, frightened by all that moves.

Better a Gopher than a Wildcat. Or a duck. Or a hawk (of any sort). Or a tiger (of any sort). Or a dog (of any sort). Or a Fighting Ilini.
So-on and so-forth. Goldy Gopher is uniquely cool.

Top Bottom