New floor design at The Barn

New floor at the Barn

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Their reply to someones commet; Photos might be distorting it a bit, but it's the traditional Minnesota maroon in person! We promise.

----------

I dont know, shouldn't it still match the seats then? Guess I'll have to see it in person. Looks nice but the colors are way off in that photo.

Their reply to someones commet; Photos might be distorting it a bit, but it's the traditional Minnesota maroon in person! We promise.

----------

I dont know, shouldn't it still match the seats then? Guess I'll have to see it in person. Looks nice but the colors are way off in that photo.

the maroon didn't match the seats before the new paint job either

besides....im hoping we have a product moving forward that will never have to worry about what color our seats are compared to the floor as the seats will be filled with butts....

----------

Guessing it’s because most of the light is being directed at the court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a nice change. Fresh and modern but not crazy

----------

"Traditional Minnesota maroon" is quite the oxymoron. The school hasn't been able to settle on a single shade for what seems like decades, ranging from reddish maroon to brownish maroon and everything in between. Like most fans, I have no idea what a traditional maroon is.

This is the current official maroon
816e07afe67d459409faf38c3590c056.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of the white wash stain, but I like the simplicity. It will be interesting to see if it looks this white in person.

I like it. The shot looking out from under the hoop is more accurate in color. It is much cleaner than the old style with the large lettering around the outside of the court. It is nice to see them recognize The Barn.

Absolutely love it! It is so much cleaner than the old look, I love that the sidelines are not bordered in maroon. Speaking of the maroon, I have always preferred the maroon that has a little more red in it. I think this maroon is similar to the maroon on the court in the 90s which I always liked better than the dark maroon.

That's a beautiful tint of maroon for a new Iowa State or USC court. Not nearly dark enough; clearly does not match the seating.

Do it over, please.

And the Michigan Block M for Minnesota. C'mon.

I agree that I think the new floor looks nice. The only part I don’t like is on the baselines the letters for Golden Gophers should be bigger in my opinion. They look so small. I believe it was this way on the old floor though as well

I'm no flooring expert. Can somebody please explain how they accomplished this? It's the same wood floor, right? Just sanded and repainted, and revarnished (waxed)? Can anybody tell me exactly how they transformed the floor color? Thanks!

per Greder:

The more-traditional look’s biggest change is only a thin stripe to mark out-of-bounds, replacing a thick maroon band that went from the edges of the court to the end of its wide raised platform. In a way, the edging is a throwback to the original court at The Barn, which had no branding besides a small block “M” in the middle.

Also on the new court, “The Barn” is written in cursive script in each backcourt.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/06/gophers-williams-arena-gets-new-look-basketball-court/

Go Gophers!!

I'm not a fan of the white wash stain, but I like the simplicity. It will be interesting to see if it looks this white in person.

Me either. I prefer a little darker hardwood myself but at least it isn't a different shade inside the arch like target center. I can't stand that two tone look.

I wish I were a good enough fan to bitch about every little detail - I'm so ignorant that I like it.

And the Michigan Block M for Minnesota. C'mon.

Nice catch, obviously they missed it. Needs to be changed ASAP! The big M is correct, but the M in Minnesota is the Michigan M. NOT GOOD!

That's a beautiful tint of maroon for a new Iowa State or USC court. Not nearly dark enough; clearly does not match the seating.

Do it over, please.

Does look like USC colors.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-06-at-4.43.20-PM.jpg

I can definitely see what others are saying here, about the mismatch between the seating and the floor maroon colors. Compared to the maroon on this forum, which I believe is the technically correct digital color code per the University website, the seats look about right but the floor looks too red.

And for those complaining about the "M" in "MINNESOTA" .... that's a bit of a stretch to me. It's just spelling it out in a font. I see none of you are complaining about the exact same "M" in "WILLIAMS", underneath the "The Barn" logo. To me, that's the same thing. What's most important is the having the correct style at mid-court, which it is.

The colors on the right are the true paint job.

The colors on the right are the true paint job.

The lights are to blame, as others suspected.

I also hate having "The Barn" on the floor. Just my own pet peeve, but the barn is not an official name.

The white washed wood is not a Good look. It really should be more amber...with age. And keep CUB foods name off the court; that's how the jumbotron can be used. And the maroon is too red. Other than that, I really like it!

Top Bottom