Ohio State fans signing petition, to hold rally for Urban Meyer

Why wouldn’t they? Do you have some news you’d like to share with us?

I would guess right about now (if it hasn't happened already) that somebody within the administration is being convinced to take the fall and fall on their sword for this and will be taken care of in some fashion. It won't be Urban, there should be no doubt about that. He's not taking the fall for anything here.

Seems to be a bout a 50/50 split. Those that think he will skate, and those that think he is done. Bottomline is that if he knew about the 2015 incident and didn't act, and they can prove it. He is toast. Outside council to make determination within 2 weeks.

Well, if there is no hard evidence that he did report the 2015 incident .... how are we (fans) gonna really know one way or the other?? How are we going to tell the difference if the OSU panel comes out and says "we indeed found sufficient circumstantial evidence that he reported the 2015 incident, satisfying his obligation to do so", that they're actually telling the truth even though there's nothing in writing (email, text, etc.) or if they're just making that up to shut everyone up??

tOSU and their cadre of fans have a lot of cloud. They'll spin their narrative like the way UNC did with their cheating scandal.

It appears to me that is a case where the Judge didn’t agree with the evidence presented. So the ex-wife is trying to get back at the ex-husband by going after the system that employed her ex. While I do feel for her, going after the school that paid her bills for 3 years seems , at best, a stretch.

If there is no paper trail that shows he followed protocol as he now says he has, they cannot retain him. If there is or should I say a clear set of messages from Urban to whomever he is ok.

I would guess right about now (if it hasn't happened already) that somebody within the administration is being convinced to take the fall and fall on their sword for this and will be taken care of in some fashion. It won't be Urban, there should be no doubt about that. He's not taking the fall for anything here.

Does it bother you that alleged victims win parents didn’t necessarily believe her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if there is no hard evidence that he did report the 2015 incident .... how are we (fans) gonna really know one way or the other?? How are we going to tell the difference if the OSU panel comes out and says "we indeed found sufficient circumstantial evidence that he reported the 2015 incident, satisfying his obligation to do so", that they're actually telling the truth even though there's nothing in writing (email, text, etc.) or if they're just making that up to shut everyone up??

They have involved a third party in the investigation.

tOSU and their cadre of fans have a lot of cloud. They'll spin their narrative like the way UNC did with their cheating scandal.

So you allow for the possibility that he did what he was suppose to do?

It appears to me that is a case where the Judge didn’t agree with the evidence presented. So the ex-wife is trying to get back at the ex-husband by going after the system that employed her ex. While I do feel for her, going after the school that paid her bills for 3 years seems , at best, a stretch.

To many unanswered questions for me. Why didn’t the police arrest dude? Why didn’t he go to trial? Why didn’t her own parents become more involved?

To many unanswered questions for me. Why didn’t the police arrest dude? Why didn’t he go to trial? Why didn’t her own parents become more involved?

It’s pretty clear to any open-minded individual there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than the general public knows.

It’s pretty clear to any open-minded individual there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than the general public knows.

There very well could be. The thing is, does it really matter?

I don’t need much more evidence than what I’ve seen to gather that Zach Smith just isn’t a really good guy. Meyer knows that and has known that since at LEAST 2009. Meyer isn’t trying him in a court of law. He’s in charge of the entire BRAND of The Ohio State University. Smith’s baggage outweighs his value, as he’s by all accounts a subpar WR coach. Incredibly poor judgment to have hung onto this guy for as long as he has.

If you work for me and you get pulled over 6 times by the cops and blow a 0.07 each time, never get charged or convicted of DUI, should I wait until the 7th time, or 8th time, etc before I cut bait with you? Really?

Smith’s responsibility, along with representing one of the premier universities in the country, is to be a leader and a mentor of young men each and every day.

Meyer didn’t cut bait likely because of a few things; Smith knows a fair amount of Meyer’s skeletons and Meyer knows that (okay, maybe a little conspiracy theory there) and/or the dead weight WR coach is the grandson of Meyer’s pal Earl Bruce, the old ball coach.

Those are the only explanations, eh?

So you’re saying the police colluded with Meyer, Smith to hide a known wife beater (along with Smiths superiors at his other coaching stops) in their ranks for almost 10 years; the same people that arrested and fired him as soon as he is arrested for violating a protection order? Sounds reasonable.

Additionally, the wife herself says she didn’t tell anyone about the alleged abuse until 2015 so it’s not as if there were numerous incidents the coaches knew about. The incident in 2015 everyone is talking resulted in nothing - no arrest, no charges. Do you know stuff the coaches didn’t? Everyone seems to be projecting their worst violent fantasies into this situation. Let’s deal with known facts.

Statute of limitations isn’t up - he could still be charged. Let’s see what the police do.

Those are the only explanations, eh?

So you’re saying the police colluded with Meyer, Smith to hide a known wife beater (along with Smiths superiors at his other coaching stops) in their ranks for almost 10 years; the same people that arrested and fired him as soon as he is arrested for violating a protection order? Sounds reasonable.
You’re saying “the same people” as if “the police” are the same individuals in every situation. Did you ever imagine that different officers were involved?

Probably not, b/c it doesn’t support your narrative.

For that matter, sensitivities and ethics have changed over the last several years.

Additionally, the wife herself says she didn’t tell anyone about the alleged abuse until 2015 so it’s not as if there were numerous incidents the coaches knew about. The incident in 2015 everyone is talking resulted in nothing - no arrest, no charges. Do you know stuff the coaches didn’t? Everyone seems to be projecting their worst violent fantasies into this situation. Let’s deal with known facts.

Statute of limitations isn’t up - he could still be charged. Let’s see what the police do.
A lack of a charge doesn’t mean a lack of guilt. Prosecutors may find a case unworthy of pursuing for a number of reasons. It’s likely those reasons don’t improve with time.

You’re saying “the same people” as if “the police” are the same individuals in every situation. Did you ever imagine that different officers were involved?

Probably not, b/c it doesn’t support your narrative.

For that matter, sensitivities and ethics have changed over the last several years.

Just so we’re clear, you’re alleging that there were numerous incidents (produce evidence) over the years and every responding officer decided to pass on arresting because a low level coach of no significance to the success of Ohio State was involved?

And wouldn’t you know it, unluckily enough Mrs Smith caught him in a ticky tack violation of a restraining order (the validity of said order has not been established in court- they are automatically granted on request until a hearing can be scheduled) via dropping the kids off at the end of her driveway after she failed to meet him at the prearranged meeting location and she snapped a photo. Armed with the incriminating evidence she went to the same police department that had evidently laughed in her face numerous times and presented her evidence. Strangely after years and years of allowing abuse to go on, which everyone knew about, the police arrested Mr. Smith. Sounds reasonable.

A lack of a charge doesn’t mean a lack of guilt. Prosecutors may find a case unworthy of pursuing for a number of reasons. It’s likely those reasons don’t improve with time.

True, but the point of my posting on this is that you DONT WANT to wait for the evidence. In fact you seem allergic to it. Your mind is made up.

True, but the point of my posting on this is that you DONT WANT to wait for the evidence. In fact you seem allergic to it. Your mind is made up.
We KNOW Meyer lied to the public, and embellished his lie by reacting incredulous about it. We KNOW there was a 2009 incident. We KNOW Zach Smith acknowledged his abuse by his admission in a written exchange with his wife. I could list other knowns.

I could have my mind changed if new information explained all those occurrences. I highly doubt that that is going to happen.

You seem more committed to this outcome than anyone posting on these two threads.

We KNOW Meyer lied to the public, and embellished his lie by reacting incredulous about it. We KNOW there was a 2009 incident. We KNOW Zach Smith acknowledged his abuse by his admission in a written exchange with his wife. I could list other knowns.

I could have my mind changed if new information explained all those occurrences. I highly doubt that that is going to happen.

You seem more committed to this outcome than anyone posting on these two threads.

All that really matters is what Meyer, OSU knew about the Smiths 2009-July 2018 and how they responded internally; not the dirty laundry being aired in Aug 2018.

I’m not committed at all, but there is obviously far more to the story than those on a crusade to bring down a successful coach are willing to admit.

I’m willing to change my tune if evidence warrants. You’re projecting your prejudice.

All that really matters is what Meyer, OSU knew about the Smiths 2009-July 2018 and how they responded internally; not the dirty laundry being aired in Aug 2018.

I’m not committed at all, but there is obviously far more to the story than those on a crusade to bring down a successful coach are willing to admit.

I’m willing to change my tune if evidence warrants. You’re projecting your prejudice.

Just to be clear, some people may be arguing about different things; is your argument that Meyer shouldn't be released or that Zack Smith is a good guy and is not a wife-beater?

I'm not arguing that Meyer should be fired. That's not my call. I'm arguing that he used horrendous judgment in continuing to employ an individual like Smith. He used poor judgment (more than likely) when he and his wife persuaded and convinced Smith's wife not to press charges several years ago (kind of disgusting really).

If you think Meyer's wife knew and Meyer didn't? Well, there's just really no hope for you. I don't think you can expound in an interview of what a tremendous relationship you have with your wife and how you talk about everything like Meyer did just recently and then turn around and say she didn't tell you about all the text messages she got from Smith's wife?

Just wanted to clarify; I'm not advocating for Meyer to be canned. I'm just saying he's a moron that should have dumped Smith YEARS ago. Whether that warrants any discipline or not, not my call to make.

I’m talking about Meyer.

The Smith situation looks bad on the surface but there are enough curious aspects about it I’m not sure how to apportion guilt. He’s already admitted bad behavior and sounds like a drunk and philanderer. The violence is up to the police to decide and thus far no charges. That could still change.

According to "neutral" observers the "Save Meyer" rally had about 100 people in it. Not exactly an overwhelming mob.

I think people understand it seems tone deaf, particularly to those convinced of the worst. If he’s let go without solid evidence the uproar will probably be pretty significant.

Top Bottom