Fleck on Morgan & Annexstad: "They don’t make freshmen mistakes."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

QB IMPRESSIONS

The quarterback battle between Morgan and Zack Annexstad doesn’t feel like it’s between a pair of freshmen, Fleck said. Morgan is an early-enrollee redshirt freshman, while Annexstad is an early-enrollee true freshmen.

“I don’t sense any freshmen nerves, anxiety,” Fleck said. “They don’t make freshmen mistakes. They make mistakes; they’re not making freshmen mistakes. They are making 400 level mistakes.”

This early assessment comes after only three practices, with the first full-padded practices set for next week.

“We aren’t even close to where we can play a game yet,” Fleck said. “But as a coach you sit there and go, ‘Oh, boy, this is going to be a long year’ (or) you sit there and go, ‘OK, we’ve got a chance.’ ”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/...y-smith-in-reach-of-all-purpose-yards-record/

Go Gophers!!

Please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good

Fleck should know that the U of Minn class numbers are 4 digits! :cool:

Fleck should know that the U of Minn class numbers are 4 digits! :cool:

I think majority of people would understand 400 level courses better than if he said 4000 courses.
I grew up with 400 level being the lingo.

Maybe I'm old and out of touch however.

I think majority of people would understand 400 level courses better than if he said 4000 courses.

I remember the U and other big schools did it as a trick to make their classes sound more important and relevant. Wow, isn't a 1000 level class better than a 400 level class?

In 80% of schools, they are 400 level courses. Fleck is right no matter what the U calls their class levels.

I remember the U and other big schools did it as a trick to make their classes sound more important and relevant. Wow, isn't a 1000 level class better than a 400 level class?

Not sure the U did it to make it sound more important. At a school as big as the U, 4 digits makes it so you can give each class a unique number. A lot of smaller schools give the same course number to different courses, which can be a mess when you are transferring.

Apparently I'm old and out of touch. When I went to college (not the U), I don't recall these numbers by the classes. I was more concerned in the subject that I was taking for my major. Perhaps the numbers were there and I just didn't pay attention.

U had class numbers in the X,000s when I attended several decades ago.

I went to a vo-tech. All of this number talk goes right over my head.

The QBs are mistake-free, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles lost. Perfect.

Now lets see how they do after they are tenderized by a 270-lb DE or a 300-lb DT on real game day.

Last edited:

Top Bottom