MJ Anderson Commits!

I will temper my emotions either way until signing day.

I will temper my emotions either way until signing day.

This is really the key for a fan at this time of year. Can't get too high or low. As soon as someboy decommits, there's another exciting visit lined up. Then something else happens, then there's a rumor of something, then there's a recommit. I mean, you'll go crazy if you live and die by 17 and 18-year old drama. I admit this one sucks because I was excited about Anderson, but I ain't gonna lose sleep.

I can never get enough of your clumsy wit.

PMWin is on here for one purpose - to take shots at Fleck whenever he can. He completely exposed himself when he went out of his way to defend Claeys after the Wazzu defense gave up 480 yards and lost to Washington because it was a "snow" game. You'll never find a positive comment when we land a good recruit, but you'll see him come onto a thread like this when he thinks we lost one. He's a fraud, and should go cheer for TC and Wazzu.

PMWin is on here for one purpose - to take shots at Fleck whenever he can. He completely exposed himself when he went out of his way to defend Claeys after the Wazzu defense gave up 480 yards and lost to Washington because it was a "snow" game. You'll never find a positive comment when we land a good recruit, but you'll see him come onto a thread like this when he thinks we lost one. He's a fraud, and should go cheer for TC and Wazzu.

I know him in person and you couldn't be more wrong. And I'm sure if we knew each other is say the same if someone said something similar about you.

It's strange. I have a feeling most everyone here would get along in person and have a great time together watching a game, even discussing these same topics, but this forum causes everyone to get in each other's faces and stuff. Myself included (Pompous Elitist can attest to that).

I know him in person and you couldn't be more wrong. And I'm sure if we knew each other is say the same if someone said something similar about you.

It's strange. I have a feeling most everyone here would get along in person and have a great time together watching a game, even discussing these same topics, but this forum causes everyone to get in each other's faces and stuff. Myself included (Pompous Elitist can attest to that).

I agree. I think sometimes writing styles for some are read more bluntly than others, and others that are supposed to have a slice of humor may not come across that way to another reader.
Don't get too upset about what people are posting.

This is only a slightly better forum than twitter to convey inflection, tone, and meaning. Meaning, I think we misunderstand each other most of the time. Some of us come across as pompous ***es, for example.

Nothing new to have de-commitments. He'll be replaced. Wish him good fortune, but if he is gone, bye bye.

That's just not accurate. I've been impressed with Fleck's 2018 recruiting and said so many times, and commented positively on recruits. I actually got hammered because my recruiting expectations weren't high enough for Fleck. Apparently you missed all my posts from the Spring and Fall practices as well.

As for the Washington game, I said because of the weather, it was apparent watching the team that could run the ball would win that game. WSU can't run the ball (#128 of 129). Guess that obvious observation passes as defending TC in your world.

"My entire purpose is to try and anger people on a message board."

That is the definition of trolling. Do you get some sort of pleasure in angering others? Not calling you a sociopath, but trying to get your jollies by knowingly pissing off others is some bizarre antisocial behavior. It does not add value to the board or community, and hopefully the moderators see that and act accordingly.

+1. It really does get old after a while. Take up a new hobby or put it to rest.

In today's recruiting climate, I'm frankly surprised that more kids are not jumping on and off the recruiting bandwagon.

The old gentlemen's agreements are long gone. once upon a time, a commitment was seen as binding, and other teams would stay away. now, it's like sharks in the water - if you want a kid, and he commits to another school, you go after him twice as hard. And kids are bombarded with social media constantly.

So, given that we're talking about 16 and 17-year-old kids, it's not surprising that kids change their minds. I know a girl who plays Volleyball. She committed to a school in Florida, then a few weeks later, changed her mind and signed a LOI with a school in MN.

So - don't freak out when a kid changes their mind. we just have to accept it as part of the new landscape.

In today's recruiting climate, I'm frankly surprised that more kids are not jumping on and off the recruiting bandwagon.

The old gentlemen's agreements are long gone. once upon a time, a commitment was seen as binding, and other teams would stay away. now, it's like sharks in the water - if you want a kid, and he commits to another school, you go after him twice as hard. And kids are bombarded with social media constantly.

So, given that we're talking about 16 and 17-year-old kids, it's not surprising that kids change their minds. I know a girl who plays Volleyball. She committed to a school in Florida, then a few weeks later, changed her mind and signed a LOI with a school in MN.

So - don't freak out when a kid changes their mind. we just have to accept it as part of the new landscape.

Do you even understand what happened?

Do you even understand what happened?

Just saying, we're not talking about a top-100 national recruit. he was the 18th best recruit in Missouri. Good player, but not irreplaceable. Nobody should be jumping off a bridge because a kid of that level changed his mind. it's not like hordes of recruits are deserting MN like lemmings.

now, if a 4* top-100 recruit de-committed, that would be a different deal.

Preach. And never forget the number of times that PMWin said that the board of regents were smart, and were going to fire Coyle and Kaler in order to save Claeys job after the scandal. Still one of the more hilarious and delusional things I've ever seen on this board.

But as far as MJ Anderson is concerned, I liked him as a recruit so this stings a little. But Fleck is working hard on his higher rated targets.

Just saying, we're not talking about a top-100 national recruit. he was the 18th best recruit in Missouri. Good player, but not irreplaceable. Nobody should be jumping off a bridge because a kid of that level changed his mind. it's not like hordes of recruits are deserting MN like lemmings.

now, if a 4* top-100 recruit de-committed, that would be a different deal.

You really have no clue, do you?

Anderson didn’t “de-commit.” Something happened and we pulled the scholarship. Unless you believe Anderson voluntarily gave up a $100k+ education 3 weeks before he was going to sign with no other options on the table.

Anderson didn’t “de-commit.” Something happened and we pulled the scholarship. Unless you believe Anderson voluntarily gave up a $100k+ education 3 weeks before he was going to sign with no other options on the table.

Why don’t you just spill the beans if you know something? Your act grows thin.

That's what I was thinking. I have no insider info, but if a guy is being poached he almost always instantly commits somewhere else or you hear about other visits and schools sniffing around. Not a peep of anything in this case.

Either way, what I said stands. Whether Anderson backed out, or the Gophers had some reason to cut him loose, it's not the end of the world. That's all I'm trying to say.

Bottom line - the kid is not going to play for the Gophers. the "why" really doesn't matter. So, unless you think this kid is some uber-recruit who cannot be replaced, then put him in the rear-view mirror and go forward. Find somebody else for the scholarship - hopefully someone as good or better.

A bit harsh on your part JG. SON had a point and it wasn't off base, move on regardless of the reason, pulled scholarship or change of heart.

Again you bring up TC in a thread that has noting to do with him. You sure are determined to talk about him. Might be time to let it go JG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom