Current Gophers in NFL (currently 13)

West Fargo Gopher Fan

Section 114 Row 2
Reaction score
Been awhile since I've done this. LMK any missing players or incorrect info.

NOTES:

For this list U of M has to be the last college the player played for. This is how the NFL tracks players alumni.

1. Maxx Williams TE Baltimore Ravens 2nd round pick in 2015

2. Damien Wilson LB Dallas Cowboys 4th round pick in 2015

3. DeVondre Campbell LB Atlanta Falcons 4th round pick in 2016

4. Eric Murray S Kansas city Chiefs 4th round pick in 2016

5. Jaylen Myrick CB Jacksonville Jaguars 7th round pick in 2017

6. Marcus Sherels CB/KR Minnesota Vikings Undrafted in 2010

7. MarQueis Gray TE Miami Dolphins Undrafted in 2013

8. Brien Boddy-Calhoun CB Cleveland Browns Undrafted in 2016

9. Damarius Travis S New England Patriots Undrafted in 2017

10. Jonathan Celestin LB Atlanta Falcons Undrafted in 2018

11. Steven Richardson DT Los Angeles Chargers Undrafted in 2018

12. Ryan Santoso K Detroit Lions Undrafted in 2018

13. Nate Wozniak OT New Orleans Saints in 2018 (The Saints are playing him as a OT)

14. Eric Decker WR New England Patriots 3rd round pick in 2010

Last edited:

Wonder how close Woz is to his goal of 300 lbs by start of season...

How many of these guys are "in" the NFL, simply because they're currently at a camp? That's what this list includes, is that correct?

It's no small feat to be invited to a fall camp, of course. Good on all of them. Just wondering how many are likely to end up on non-practice squad rosters at the start of the season?

How many of these guys are "in" the NFL, simply because they're currently at a camp? That's what this list includes, is that correct?

It's no small feat to be invited to a fall camp, of course. Good on all of them. Just wondering how many are likely to end up on non-practice squad rosters at the start of the season?

Signed contracts...

Just wondering how many are likely to end up on non-practice squad rosters at the start of the season?

In my opinion - Travis, Celestin, Richardson, Wozniak have little/no shot of being on the active roster. I could see all of them on a practice squad. Santoso sounds like he has a 50/50 shot. Sherels is probably 75/25 depending how camp shakes out. The rest are all locks/near locks to be on the 53-man on opening day.

Any chance someone gives Hageman a shot? Or is he toast now because of the previous domestic violence charges, and now DWI this summer?

Any chance someone gives Hageman a shot? Or is he toast now because of the domestic violence charges?

That, plus he got clipped for a DUI this June. He seems to be reverting to earlier patterns of poor decision-making. That, coupled with the fact that he was good, but not good enough to deal with his baggage, makes it pretty unlikely in my estimation.

Top Bottom