Tyler Cooper committs

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Rivals reports Cooper is a Gopher. 6/6 280 OT from St. Croix Falls. Details are rather vague at this time.

Word is Craig Bohl from Wyoming was in on him hot. The guy knows how to recruit OL so take it FWIW.

Word is Craig Bohl from Wyoming was in on him hot. The guy knows how to recruit OL so take it FWIW.

Is Wyoming the new WMU for the Gophers? "He is great! He has a Wyoming offer!"

minnesota is the new WMU for offers.

Well, according to the fan boards a few years ago, when he was at NDSU he saw sooooo many diamonds in the rough that soooo many P5 teams passed on (including the Gophers, if I remember the posts correctly), that yes - it is pretty much like Nick Saban getting hot on a recruit.

Well, according to the fan boards a few years ago, when he was at NDSU he saw sooooo many diamonds in the rough that soooo many P5 teams passed on (including the Gophers, if I remember the posts correctly), that yes - it is pretty much like Nick Saban getting hot on a recruit.

No no, your supposed to only mention that the Gophers passed on them.

/s

Is this a PWO commitment? I only ask because the 247 link shows no offer from Minnesota. Maybe they just haven't updated that part?

The little t-shirt icon next to Minnesota means that it's a grayshirt offer.

Is this a PWO commitment? I only ask because the 247 link shows no offer from Minnesota. Maybe they just haven't updated that part?
He is now listed as a Grey Shirt.

You'd almost want two or three OL commitments in each class. He can't get the highly rated linemen, so this must be Plan B.

Is this going to cause problems in recruiting next year in terms of using up the 2020 scholarship slots? I think he counts against 2020.

The little t-shirt icon next to Minnesota means that it's a grayshirt offer.

You'd almost want two or three OL commitments in each class. He can't get the highly rated linemen, so this must be Plan B.

Is this going to cause problems in recruiting next year in terms of using up the 2020 scholarship slots? I think he counts against 2020.

Thank you sirs! I am not well versed in this term "grayshirt". Time to crack open the Google machine! If I find a good link, I will edit my post to share.

EDIT: well that was easy! These are apparently remedial terms ... https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...a-football-grayshirt-blueshirt-redshirt-rules

well we seem to do 25 every year. So with our 12 seniors or so (the number keeps changing) we'll either need a bunch of transfers or have the smallest recruiting class in recent memory.

well we seem to do 25 every year. So with our 12 seniors or so (the number keeps changing) we'll either need a bunch of transfers or have the smallest recruiting class in recent memory.

I'm curious to year 3 how many we'll recruit, I doubt it'll be a full class. I think PJ is really moving to fill roster with his guys. I expect more transfers this spring

I'm assuming they had him in camp. The level of competition doesn't look too high in his video and some of his technique will need cleaning up, but there's a lot to like about it too, he moves really well for a big guy and he plays to the whistle. I see lots of untapped potential. Welcome aboard Tyler!

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/5535488/59be8ea202b19603e07a567c' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like his video.

Pushes guys for about 15 yards a play.

KSTP: St. Croix Falls OL Tyler Cooper on Committing to Gophers

Class of 2019 St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin offensive lineman Tyler Cooper recently committed to the Gophers.

KSTP Sports' Darren Wolfson went to St. Croix Falls to get to know Cooper.

Cooper, who is 6-foot-4, 295 pounds, also had offers from Wyoming, North Dakota St., South Dakota St., and others. The home state Badgers talked with him, but never offered.

He is the 23rd player in the Gophers' 2019 Class.

Cooper will transition from tackle to guard this year, and be used at the same position with the Gophers.

https://kstp.com/sports/st-croix-falls-high-school-tyler-cooper-commit-minnesota-gophers/5029205/

Go Gophers!!

There is a wide range of heights and weights on him. I don't care, just noticing it. If Fleck has an offer out I am glad they commit.

I'm assuming they had him in camp. The level of competition doesn't look too high in his video and some of his technique will need cleaning up, but there's a lot to like about it too, he moves really well for a big guy and he plays to the whistle. I see lots of untapped potential. Welcome aboard Tyler!

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/5535488/59be8ea202b19603e07a567c' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

He used the defensive guys like blocking sleds and gave them free rides down the field.

For reference they are playing the equivalent of 1A AND 2A schools in Minnesota. Like getting a kid to come across the border and not the other way around.

Top Bottom