De'Vondre Campbell says is had a better year than Anthony Barr

Pretty dumb on Campbell's part, no reason to call out someone like that and a lot of reason to not do that.

I have no problem with the comment. I thought it came across as more of a joke then taking a shot. More playful then serious.

Let your play do the talking. Who knows also what was going on behind the scenes as to attitude, work ethics etc.

Did Campbell have a better year?

From the article

So, let’s take a look at the numbers from last year.

Player Games Snaps (D) Tackles Sacks FF INT PD
Barr 16 923 75 1 0 0 6
Campbell 16 950 92 2 1 0 4
This is an admittedly facile comparison and it’s pretty close, but at least based on the surface numbers Campbell did have a better year.

For what it’s worth, Pro Football Focus agrees. Campbell earned a 78.7 overall rating last season, good for No. 28 among linebackers. By comparison, Barr got a 71.4 grade, ranking him No. 44 at the position. However, if we go by Bleacher Report Campbell ranked No. 15 among 4-3 outside linebackers, while Barr came in at No. 2, trailing only Sean Lee of the Cowboys.

I have no problem with the comment. I thought it came across as more of a joke then taking a shot. More playful then serious.
He was more offended that someone on twitter told him his ceiling is that of Barr right now whereas De'Vondre feels he already did have a better year.

He was more offended that someone on twitter told him his ceiling is that of Barr right now whereas De'Vondre feels he already did have a better year.

Was he offended though? Idk I might be wrong. I think he is having fun. If Barr replies to him or if it was the other way around I would feel same way. I think Its being blown out of proportion. Its Twitter. That guy pinned his tweet now and is all excited he got to 1000 followers.

The Falcons got a steal for sure in Campbell. So good at covering tight ends.

Top Bottom