Gophers To Host Open Practices On Aug. 4, 10 and 16

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

Gophers To Host Open Practices On Aug. 4, 10 and 16

The University of Minnesota will have three open practices for fans to see this year's team prior to the first game against New Mexico State at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 30 at TCF Bank Stadium.

The open practices will be August 4, 10 and 16.

Saturday's Aug. 4 practice is slated to start at 3:30 p.m. and will be held on the outdoor fields at Athletes Village. Fans should enter practice through the doors located on 15th Ave.

Friday's Aug. 10 practice will be held at TCF Bank Stadium and will be Minnesota's Family Day, which starts at 4 p.m. Fans should enter TCF Bank Stadium through the West Plaza. In addition to fans being able to watch practice from the stands, there will also be inflatables, face painting and post-practice autographs. Minnesota's lovable mascot Goldy Gopher will also be on hand.

For the second consecutive year, the Minnesota football team will also be hosting a diaper drive in conjunction with the Aug. 10 practice. Fans attending Family Day at TCF Bank Stadium are encouraged to bring disposable diapers. Those diapers will then be donated to the Diaper Bank of Minnesota, which provides diapers and wipes to families in need through partner agencies in the Twin Cities. Fans can bring a six-pack of diapers or a box of 96 diapers, as every diaper donated will help a baby.

Fans attending the Aug. 10 practice can also drop off a decorated oar in the West Plaza that will then be displayed in TCF Bank Stadium outside of Minnesota's locker room.

Thursday's Aug. 16 practice will be held at the outdoor fields at Athletes Village. Fans should enter practice through the doors located on 15th Ave. The Big Ten Network will be at practice and will have a full report on the Gophers that night as they prep for the season.

Go Gophers!!

This is really disappointing. That said, may take one in while we’re in town.

Thinking about bringing the little one to the family day practice. I'll let everyone know when I figure out which QB has won the team.

Thinking about bringing the little one to the family day practice. I'll let everyone know when I figure out which QB has won the team.

I'm fearful that we'll get another "both of them" pick like last year..... god please no....

I'm fearful that we'll get another "both of them" pick like last year..... god please no....

It’s got that feeling already...

I’ll be watching for any fumbled snaps getting picked up. That was fun. It sounded great...until his chosen one also did it...what now? Seth Brown?

It must be sad being you guys.

Has anyone attended one of these? Is it fun or very boring? My wife wants go but if its going to be boring, I'd rather not go

Has anyone attended one of these? Is it fun or very boring? My wife wants go but if its going to be boring, I'd rather not go

I went to an open practice this spring. It was at the Athletes Village. Basically they practice... you watch from the sidelines. It can get a big crowed on the sidelines when the team lines up there and runs plays. You're basically on the sideline with the team during those times.

I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't call it exciting. It is really just watching practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Top Bottom