Cretin Derham Hall wide receiver Peter Udoibok commits to the Gophers

So another John Nance?

Kind of nothing like John Nance.

John Nance was recruited as a QB (played it exclusively in HS). People thought he might transition into a WR, but he transferred out to play basketball at St. Thomas.

This kid is a WR. He is also considerably larger and more physical than Nance.

He isn't as much of a veritcal guy as Floyd, he reminds me of a less explosive Andre McDonald.

John Nance was recruited as a QB (played it exclusively in HS). People thought he might transition into a WR, but he transferred out to play basketball at St. Thomas.

He isn't as much of a veritcal guy as Floyd, he reminds me of a less explosive Andre McDonald.

Do you think he’s a B1G receiver, or a reach?

Eric Decker was rated 0.7889 by 247Sports in 2005. Peter Udoibok is rated at 0.8299.

Do you think he’s a B1G receiver, or a reach?

I've seen him play a few times. He is a good athlete, but he isn't a great athlete. He's pretty strong for a WR (so strong I wouldn't be shocked if he switched positions).

He'll be more of a physical, route-runner type than he will be a big play guy.

I think there is a very good chance he contributes and zero chance he is any sort of headache for Coach Fleck (well, from what I hear, but he's 17). The amount he contributes depends upon some things I can't really tell (route-running, explosion out of his breaks, ability to play the ball in the air), but he is a 6'4" 200 lbs + kid who runs well, gets straight A's, and has some agility.

Lastly, I said the same thing with the WR this weekend. Fleck and Simon are offering him in July. We aren't desperate for a WR and they would have plenty of time. Fleck and Simon must like him and that's a good sign. This wasn't some late November offer at a position of need.

I just said that cause they're both lightly recruited 6'4" guys from CDH.

Pioneer Press: Cretin-Derham Hall’s Peter Udoibok jumped at chance to be a Gopher

All of the above led Udoibok to accept a scholarship offer from the Gophers on July 30. After his senior year at the St. Paul private school, Udoibok will be a member of the University of Minnesota’s 2019 recruiting class.

“I was pretty excited, same with my parents,” Udoibok said. “Who wouldn’t be excited to play for the hometown school? I grew up watching the Gophers.”

Bollinger, a former Wisconsin Badgers quarterback who spent two of his five NFL seasons with the Vikings, said he had frank conversations with Gophers wide receivers coach Matt Simon, the primary recruiter for the state of Minnesota.

“I’ve got to know Matt over the years, and I have a ton of respect for him,” Bollinger said. “I think basically it was good communication all the way across the board. … Matt just did a great job of building a relationship with Peter and gaining that trust and providing him with the information he needed of where that program is at and where he envisions them at … and how Peter would fit into it.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/...eter-udoibok-jumped-at-chance-to-be-a-gopher/

Go Gophers!!

I watched Udoibok play last night. He had a 40+ yard TD where he just ran past a guy. He seems to have good size and speed, I can definitely see why he got an offer.

It is great to keep athletic homers like him home.

It is too bad the Gophers lost Amani Hooker (2106) to Iowa, and JD Spielman (2016) and David Alston (2018) to Nebraska.

The best Jerry Kill Recruiting class was 2016. One reason or another Hooker and Spielman went elsewhere. I remember people talking about Alston not being a good fit in the Gophers scheme.

It is too bad the Gophers lost Amani Hooker (2106) to Iowa, and JD Spielman (2016) and David Alston (2018) to Nebraska.

The best Jerry Kill Recruiting class was 2016. One reason or another Hooker and Spielman went elsewhere. I remember people talking about Alston not being a good fit in the Gophers scheme.

Never understood the Alston situation. If posts are correct, he wanted to play here. Just couldn't get an offer. Coaches communicated poorly with Spielman in my opinion as he wanted to know how the Gophers would use him. Couldn't get a straight answer.

Spielman said he "fell in love" with Nebraska when he went down there and saw and heard that sellout crowd. J.D. did a good sales job on his Mom to get her permission to go to school in Lincoln.

He even was quoted as saying that the toughest call he made wasn't to Minnesota or Iowa, it was to tOSU.

That was to tell them he was turning down their lacrosse scholarship to play football for the Cornhuskers.

Spielman said he "fell in love" with Nebraska when he went down there and saw and heard that sellout crowd. J.D. did a good sales job on his Mom to get her permission to go to school in Lincoln.

He even was quoted as saying that the toughest call he made wasn't to Minnesota or Iowa, it was to tOSU.

That was to tell them he was turning down their lacrosse scholarship to play football for the Cornhuskers.

Well I guess I was way off as to what I thought happen.

Top Bottom