Cretin Derham Hall wide receiver Peter Udoibok commits to the Gophers

DanielHouse

Reaction score
The Gophers have received a commitment from Cretin Derham Hall wide receiver Peter Udoibok. The 6-foot-4, 200-pound pass catcher chose the Gophers over offers from North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, South Dakota State and Air Force. He took an official campus visit Monday and decided to choose the hometown team for his future collegiate career.

He flashed dynamic ability after the catch to finish routes with splash plays. Udoibok is a big target who can win underneath and over the top. He also showed he he can track the ball to win contested catch battles at all levels of the field, including the red zone. Udoibok is evolving as a route runner and is a local product wide receivers coach Matt Simon and Co. can develop.

Here’s a look at his film:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/7660080/5a2216936655ae0a4cb9bf24' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

A slower, less athletic, sober Michael Floyd.

The Gophers have received a commitment from Cretin Derham Hall wide receiver Peter Udoibok. The 6-foot-4, 200-pound pass catcher chose the Gophers over offers from North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, South Dakota State and Air Force. He took an official campus visit Monday and decided to choose the hometown team for his future collegiate career.

He flashed dynamic ability after the catch to finish routes with splash plays. Udoibok is a big target who can win underneath and over the top. He also showed he he can track the ball to win contested catch battles at all levels of the field, including the red zone. Udoibok is evolving as a route runner and is a local product wide receivers coach Matt Simon and Co. can develop.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/7660080/5a2216936655ae0a4cb9bf24' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the Gophers are going to take a chance on a wide receiver who isn't rated highly, I like this choice. I just have a feeling that if we would have let him get away to Wyoming or NDSU, there would have been posts complaining about that in 3 years.

I trust Fleck on WR’s, welcome aboard!

I would've been annoyed if it wasn't a gray shirt, we have enough WR's unless we're suddenly gonig to be a spread team

A low three star kid with an extra year of development and preparation can easily come into the program with the skills needed to be successful.

Grey shirt makes sense. I like this. Big, athletic kid.

Are we getting heavy on WR's?

Some of these guys going to get switched to CB?

&#55358;&#56631;&#55356;&#57340;*♂️&#55358;&#56631;&#55356;&#57340;*♂️&#55358;&#56631;&#55356;&#57340;*♂️

it used to be PJ and Jerry Kill warring over the same kids. pretty much explains the on field results of Western Mich and sadly, the MN Gophers.

26 posts and no jackass calling us "3 star U?" He was so witty in his own mind; certainly hope he's okay.

Are we getting heavy on WR's?

Some of these guys going to get switched to CB?

Would seem to be although a couple of these guys are RB/WR possibilities. I just figured we'd be going after some higher rated guys- but at least this guy is hopefully grey-shirting and have a year to improve before it counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has soft hands and will go up and fight for the catch.
Very good things to have.

How does this kid compare to Eric Decker in high school?

Top Bottom