Can you guess the most overrated team from each Power 5 conference over the last deca

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
The Big Ten findings are interesting. Kansas State just keeps chugging. Michigan, FSU, USC obvious underperformers without even looking at the data.

Per the Cleveland Plain Dealer 2017 preseason poll the Gophers underperformed last year by one spot, otherwise the Gophers would be +7 for the time period.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/7/27/17617326/overrated-teams

I think it’s very admirable that MN hasn’t finished as poorly as most people expect every year since 2008. There definitely should be a trophy involved.

I think it’s very admirable that MN hasn’t finished as poorly as most people expect every year since 2008. There definitely should be a trophy involved.

That’s one way to look at it. Perspective is all relative.

For example, if I point out your team is Urb’s whipping boy and Wisconsin will almost certainly lose in decisive and perhaps embarrasssing fashion again this year, that would also be true. Maybe you can score some garbage time points again.

That’s one way to look at it. Perspective is all relative.

For example, if I point out your team is Urb’s whipping boy and Wisconsin will almost certainly lose in decisive and perhaps embarrasssing fashion again this year, that would also be true. Maybe you can score some garbage time points again.

They will likely poop themselves in Ann Arbor this year as well.

Most likely not. If only we could win the axe.

If only you would have won it in 1993. Might have a NT?

The 14 year run has been impressive for you and painful for us. But, man, it's just a football game. That won't take place for months and you're here kicking sand in our faces after 14 straight wins? Stay classy Madison....Stay Classy.

The only fact I take away from this article is that time and time again, it is pretty hard for the media to get it right!

If only you would have won it in 1993. Might have a NT?

The 14 year run has been impressive for you and painful for us. But, man, it's just a football game. That won't take place for months and you're here kicking sand in our faces after 14 straight wins? Stay classy Madison....Stay Classy.

As much as we as Gopher fans like to claim the U prevented WI winning a Natty in '93, I really don't see how it would have happened. The problem is they would have had to jump FSU, NE and ND, and based on the schedule I don't see how that could have happened.

Wisconsin was ranked 15 when they LOST to Minnesota. FSU and ND were 1 and 2. WI moves up slightly with a win (maybe), doesn't jump.

Wisconsin beat 24 Michigan at home, FSU and ND both win. WI moves up slightly, doesn't jump.

Wisconsin ties #3 tOSU at home, FSU and ND both win. WI moves up slightly (maybe?), doesn't jump. This is the critical game here. If they are already top 10 it probably doesn't even move them.

Wisconsin bye, ND beats FSU at ND. With no action and coming off the tie, I don't see how WI jumps FSU, especially since NE was unbeaten/untied and didn't jump.

Wisconsin wins at Illinois, FSU beats NC State and ND loses to 16 BC. Again, I don't see how WI jumps FSU, even being unbeaten. The tie and a weak schedule don't help. Maybe jumps ND? I'll never forget that ND BC game as long as I live. One of the greatest moments in sports history.

Wisconsin bye, FSU beats #7 Florida handily, ND off - WI doesn't move up. If somehow they had jumped FSU (again, almost certainly wouldn't have happened), FSU jumps back over.

Wisconsin beats 25 MSU in Tokyo, FSU and ND off - WI doesn't move up.

Wisconsin beats 13 UCLA in Rose Bowl, FSU beats 2 Nebraska in Orange Bowl, ND beats 6 TA&M in Cotton Bowl - WI doesn't jump.

And that doesn't take into account that Nebraska was untied and unbeaten until losing in the Orange Bowl. Wisconsin's schedule was tougher than NE's, but don't see how they would have jumped them with the tie.

Top Bottom